Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aero Survival

(Cumberland County)

Default Aero Survival

Ok, another of my "anyone own one" posts. I was checking these out and they look pretty interesting. 45acp, take Glock 21 mags so you can get high capacity, just looks interesting and a decent price. Wondering if anyone owns or has seen / heard anything good or bad about them ?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Aero Survival

I posted about these a few weeks ago. The rifle is what I was looking at. Initially reviews were spotty but recent years they say the bugs are worked out and they're reliable and well made. I'm getting the 9mm rifle. Changing calibers is supposed to be easy as well.
    I checked recently and the 10mm is available. I can't wait to pay it off and go to the range

(Dauphin County)

Saw one at the gun store. Very interesting. If they are reliable I'll likely be picking one up in the near future.
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

(Cumberland County)

I posted in the ammo thread about the issues I've had with this new pistol. It would jam every round with 230 grain fmj but when I put in 185 grain hollow points, it fired every time ? I emailed the company and they said they have not had any real issues with the pistols, but said right away that they had a lightweight buffer and they suggest upgrading to the heavier rifle version buffer. I let them know I thought it was pretty crappy that a new gun needed to be "upgraded" and they apologized and are sending me a shipping label to ship it back for free and they will upgrade it. We will see how quick they are and if it fixes the issue. I really like this .45 pistol but if it jams every round with 230 grain....... fingers crossed!

(Washington County)

So, anyone get one of these? I'm looking at the 9mm rifle version. I happened to come across these on accident online. Looks fun but reviews are all over the place.

(Allegheny County)

A word of caution. The firearm depicted here, albeit very cool, is not a rifle. It is a pistol with an arm brace. If one were to mount this firearm to the shoulder as a rifle, it becomes a short barrel rifle requiring a tax stamp. Full disclosure, I have not studied the law in this regard. I have been given to understand that the BATF could intervene should one discharge this firearm from a shoulder mount. I welcome the perspective of those with greater knowledge.

(Washington County)

Yea I know, they make it both in pistol and carbine length. I'm looking at the full legnth not the pistol.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStull View Post
    A word of caution. The firearm depicted here, albeit very cool, is not a rifle. It is a pistol with an arm brace. If one were to mount this firearm to the shoulder as a rifle, it becomes a short barrel rifle requiring a tax stamp. Full disclosure, I have not studied the law in this regard. I have been given to understand that the BATF could intervene should one discharge this firearm from a shoulder mount. I welcome the perspective of those with greater knowledge.

While true that you can no longer mount an arm brace to your shoulder per ATF, the pistol pictured in the OP has a buffer tube - not an arm brace.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

I never did. I ended up getting something else but I still like them and the one guy at the shop has one and says it runs fine. I still might someday

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I never did. I ended up getting something else but I still like them and the one guy at the shop has one and says it runs fine. I still might someday
    It doesn't need to be perfect running. It would just be fun. Plinking. Nothing more. I think I will keep an eye open for one at any shops locally.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast