Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Range near easton for tactical shooting practice

I apologize if there is a thread on this but i could not find it. I live about an hour from PA in nj unfortunately. The closes city in PA to me is easton. I am looking for a range where i can practice shooting but not just standing still . I want to be able to shoot on the move, from behind barriers and at fast rates of fire. I am not practicing for three gun or anything. I have over 200 hours of firearms training and i just want to be able to practice the things i have learn in class on a monthly basis. Thank you.

Default Re: Range near easton for tactical shooting practice

Good luck finding one but when you do let the rest of us know. I am about 35-40 minutes from Easton and if you don't have your own land then there appears to be no options in this area for tactical , defensive shooting or drawing and firing.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the reply. I dont mind driving. Im a member of albertus rod and gun club in PA and its 2 hours from me. I just want a place to train i dont mind the drive.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDesouza View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I dont mind driving. Im a member of albertus rod and gun club in PA and its 2 hours from me. I just want a place to train i dont mind the drive.
    wow... 4 hours round trip to throw lead down range... need to move to PA and drive to work from here.

Tell me about it. My dream is to move to PA. I run the family business. A brazilian steakhouse we been in business for 30 years this january. My plan is to retire in PA. But until then i still need to shoot. And the ranges in nj are expensive and very restrictive.

(Northampton County)

Easton Fish and Game has IDPA but I am not sure that is what you are looking for. There are probably a hundred gun clubs in the Lehigh Valley so maybe there is one for that. Never heard of it, though.

You can make friends with people that have land. There is also a reverse way of looking at it. Instead of trying to find places, look for events. For instance, subgun comps are always setup like that but we don't have any of that around here that I know of. Check the training subforum or the events subforum. If people are training this then maybe their gun clubs (not ranges) allow this.

Why don't you call your 200+ hours of instructors? Most know each other, they might know a place.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

The are some public shooting ranges on state gamelands but the closest one to your location is in lehigh county and i think it is a range for rifles only.

If all goes well i will be buying some land within the next 5-10 years that will be where i retire and ill be able to shoot there but for now i need a place. Two of the instructors are from the pittsburgh area, but they arent familiar with any ranges at a reasonable distance from me. For now im more or less forced to continue going to classes to be able to practice.

Thank you. I am going to do a search for state gamelands and find out what the restrictions are.

(Bucks County)

The state game land ranges aren't going to have what you want. They are stationary targets from a shooting bench. With a 5 or 6 handgun mag limit and 3 round limit for rifles. They are designed purely for sighting in rifles and handguns for hunting season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast