Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Gun Broker seller with A+ rating

On my 3rd experience on GB, I bought a set of Colts that were listed as "mint condition from end to end, no marks of any kind". When I unpacked them, I found the unfired Python to have a slight scratch about 1" long on the side of the barrel. The seller claimed they were absolutely unmarked when shipped. I looked at his 62 pictures from the listing and after zooming in on 2 of them, I could see what initially looked like a reflection but was the scratch. I actually emailed his own picture back to him but he insisted there were no flaws. Yes I can return them, $500 fee! He then goes on to leave feedback that I insisted he pay shipping back and no fee. BS. I have the emails to prove he is lying yet again. His listing also said, $55.00 shipping, priority mail. Somehow that became FedX ground 3 days after he claimed to have shipped. Sadly, GB said that as he had pictures on his listing, too bad. I then asked GB if I could list the Python as "unfired, mint from end to end, no marks of any kind" as he did. Hard to believe that I haven't gotten an answer. Apparently GB doesn't mind deceiving descriptions on their listings if the seller does a lot of business with them. Sadly, an attorney tells me I have a good chance of winning for the fraud but to spend the money to pursue it and have a potential trip to Oregon, I would spend a lot more than the $500 to $1,000 I feel I lost due to Todd's deception. Be careful on GB guys, A+ ratings don't mean much.

Default Re: Gun Broker seller with A+ rating

Pictures would be helpful. I always sell everything "as is" for this exact reason. I am sure you forked over a fortune for those guns.

Dick move on sellers behalf.

(Perry County)

That's why they have an F rating. I always go above and beyond describing any flaw to the point that I have a few "better than described" in my ratings. It sucks that some people are willing to fuck others over. That's why I also offer a three day non-firing inspection and I'd suggest you look for that next time. The thing is, if he keeps doing business that way, soon he won't have an A+ rating. I don't think Gunbroker is treating you right given the description. Photos can often hide flaws depending on lighting. He knew the scratch was there and he hid it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Tioga County)

Gunbroker doesn't seem to care much about these sort of deals or circumstances. There is one large NFA dealer on there that openly uses shill bidders and gunbroker doesn't do anything about it. So far I have limited myself to purchasing accessories and such things on there.

I wouldn't buy any collector grade gun on GB. Too much can go wrong like the OP. There isn't much recourse, and the site itself is practically useless as far as customer service is concerned. I am still waiting to be reimbursed fees for a non paying bidder from February.

(Berks County)

The guy is basically just a gigantic liar. His description was a lie, he was going to ship Priority mail, instead he used FedX ground. When he responded to my feedback he claimed I wanted him to pay the shipping back as well as to forgo his bullshit $500 return fee. When I emailed him about the slight scratch I found I told him I would gladly pay the shipping back to him but he should reconsider his "return fee" as his description was bullshit. He still insisted they were all mint when shipped. After blowing up all of his pictures, where I found the faint scratch became visible and no longer looked like a reflection. After he had replied with the BS story that they were all mint when shipped, I emailed 2 of his own pictures back to him. Funny that he didn't send any more replies. The response I got from Gunbroker was that as there were pictures, there was no obligation for him to accept a return. I replied to them asking if I can assume it would be okay for me to do the same thing he did, claim they were mint with no marks and that if I posted pictures, it should be acceptable to them. Funny, they didn't reply either. Gunbroker is apparently okay with people dong just about anything as long as GB gets their money.

Hairline scratches in stainless firearms can typically be cleaned up or completely removed if done correctly. The value on the revolver even with the scratch is still huge so unless you paid way more then you should have your most likely still doing okay. Sucks but in the end your buying site unseen and these things happen.

(Berks County)

You're right on the value, they're probably easily worth what I paid for them. It's just frustrating when you end up dealing with someone who would probably cheat his mother out of her rent money. To insist they were absolutely unmarked until I use his own picture to prove him a liar reminds me how low some people can go.

(Northampton County)

Don't buy collector guns without seeing them in person first. That's all I've got.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast