Villanova U. will add armed cops

(Chester County)

Default Re: Colleges: Armed vs Unarmed

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...334154071.html

Allowing guns won't make campuses safer

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...334214111.html

Villanova U. will add armed cops
    The majority of Villanova's security guards are retired cops and part time police officers from Delco. It was overdue.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    The majority of Villanova's security guards are retired cops and part time police officers from Delco. It was overdue.
    Yep, quite a few Radnor cops moonlight as PubSafe

Am I the only one who doesn't care if allowing guns will make colleges safer or less safe? Since when is this debate about safety?

Since gun grabbers shifted the debate to safety, that's when.

Do I carry a gun because it makes me safer? No, I don't. Frankly, I have no idea if it makes me safer. I have heard statistics that are difficult to interpret either way. I don't care. Care is too strong a word. It doesn't even occur to me to care.

I carry a gun because I want to have a fighting chance, and if someone wants to take it away from me, they are taking away my right to have a fighting chance. Could arming college kids reduce crime? Beats me. I know a lot of college kids who I wouldn't trust with a gun. But I am not going to take away their right to defend themselves based on some statistic about safety. Not on your life.

It makes no difference if it is safer. We have the right to defend ourselves. It is freedom, and freedom was never about safety. Safety is an illusion, and freedom isn't free. If you want to trade a tangible freedom for the illusion of safety, you will get neither... If you would rather outsource your freedom and your safety entirely into the hands of the government (police) then that is your prerogative, but you aren't going to outsource my freedom, my responsibility and my safety.
    Sic semper tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...334154071.html

Allowing guns won't make campuses safer

. . .
    This jackass wouldn't know what "defied logic" if he gagged on it halfway down his throat.

He listed several tragedies without mentioning that every one of them was in a "gun-free zone". These mass shootings don't happen in the part of America that's awash in guns, they happen in the little pockets of disarmament. If disarmament worked like inoculating kids works, then we'd see shootings everywhere EXCEPT gun-free zones, just like we mostly see sickness afflicting kids who did NOT get the vaccines.

What actually defies logic is their "more cowbell" insistence on expanding the gun-free zones that are loony-magnets.

These dimwits are like some old biddy who hires a shady contractor to waterproof her basement, and after he does 1/4 of it, it rains, and she notices that the only part of her basement that leaks is the quarter where he just applied his expensive goop.

Now, a smart person would say "that goop not only doesn't protect me from basement leaks, it actually makes it worse. So scrape that crap off my wall and get out."

A Progressive would say "quick, the problem is NOT ENOUGH OF THAT GOOP!" . . . if that's what the New York Times told them to think.

Sadly, if the NYT told them that NASCAR events were causing the Sun to heat up, most of them would believe it, especially if the NYT also told them "we asked a bunch of scientists a question that we won't repeat here, but we interpret their answers (which we also won't repeat here) to mean that 97% of them agreed that NASCAR is heating up the Sun."
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This jackass wouldn't know what "defied logic" if he gagged on it halfway down his throat.

He listed several tragedies without mentioning that every one of them was in a "gun-free zone". These mass shootings don't happen in the part of America that's awash in guns, they happen in the little pockets of disarmament. If disarmament worked like inoculating kids works, then we'd see shootings everywhere EXCEPT gun-free zones, just like we mostly see sickness afflicting kids who did NOT get the vaccines.

What actually defies logic is their "more cowbell" insistence on expanding the gun-free zones that are loony-magnets.

These dimwits are like some old biddy who hires a shady contractor to waterproof her basement, and after he does 1/4 of it, it rains, and she notices that the only part of her basement that leaks is the quarter where he just applied his expensive goop.

Now, a smart person would say "that goop not only doesn't protect me from basement leaks, it actually makes it worse. So scrape that crap off my wall and get out."

A Progressive would say "quick, the problem is NOT ENOUGH OF THAT GOOP!" . . . if that's what the New York Times told them to think.

Sadly, if the NYT told them that NASCAR events were causing the Sun to heat up, most of them would believe it, especially if the NYT also told them "we asked a bunch of scientists a question that we won't repeat here, but we interpret their answers (which we also won't repeat here) to mean that 97% of them agreed that NASCAR is heating up the Sun."
    Great analogy GL. May I add that there is no mention of WHY there are all the shootings? WHY all the suicides? WHY all the sexual attacks? Could it be the morality of all the sick people teaching our children and passing it along?

(Philadelphia County)

http://www.philly.com/philly/educati...va_guards.html

Apparently some students and faculty don't agree.

I like the quote that students of color will be more at risk from the 19 soon to be armed personnel.

(Bucks County)

1210 AM 9 to noon talk show host Dom Giardano said the other day you only need one armed person to guard a school. I sent him an email about that, and have heard zilch.

And because colleges have professors like this.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/10/20...-ban-firearms/
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

The move to give the guards guns violates Catholic precepts, said the Rev. Allan Fitzgerald, the Director of the Augustinian Institute and a member of the Theology Department.

"Rather than offer the principals of the NRA - more guns, less violence - we need to affirm the Catholic principals of 'peace and justice,'" he said.
    Yes, 'peace and justice.' (I believe that was the mantra during the Crusades, too.) Maybe you can hide behind your bible and say a prayer when someone comes in and starts shooting up the classroom. Plus, it would be dangerous for the Catholic priests if boys were armed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast