Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default First range trip with my first pistol!

Haven't been on here in a while but I finally purchased my first handgun. After much research and rentals, I went with the Taurus G2 millennium pro and although it's early I am very happy! As for my first range visit....well happy with the gun, but the people behind the counter not so much! Walked in and introduced myself and first time in there. After talking a few minutes with the guy at the counter, a second "grumpy" guy came out and immediately mocked my gun and me. I paid $225 for the gun yet he says I'm a liar and paid at least $400 and he could have had me in something much better. I just ignore him and talk to the other guy about them offering cleaning, and if he would walk me through it because I don't have much familiarity with handguns. He says sure and I go into the range. Happy with the performance of the gun. Majority of my shots seemed down and to the left of center, but I'm sure I need to sight the gun in a bit too. After I'm finished, I come back into the showroom and wait for the counter guy to come back. Grumpy comes in and yells hey, the guy who bought a crappy gun and doesn't know how to clean it is waiting. I couldn't hold back and told him his customer service was horrible, he laughed it off, told him he's a jackass and left. I'm not familiar with the rules so I did not post the name. Just wanted some others opinion Thanks!

I live in the northeast Philadelphia area. Also looking for a gun club to join soon.

Wayne

(Bucks County)

Default Re: First range trip with my first pistol!

Soounds like Clayton's.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waynejr83@gmail.com View Post
    Haven't been on here in a while but I finally purchased my first handgun. After much research and rentals, I went with the Taurus G2 millennium pro and although it's early I am very happy! As for my first range visit....well happy with the gun, but the people behind the counter not so much! Walked in and introduced myself and first time in there. After talking a few minutes with the guy at the counter, a second "grumpy" guy came out and immediately mocked my gun and me. I paid $225 for the gun yet he says I'm a liar and paid at least $400 and he could have had me in something much better. I just ignore him and talk to the other guy about them offering cleaning, and if he would walk me through it because I don't have much familiarity with handguns. He says sure and I go into the range. Happy with the performance of the gun. Majority of my shots seemed down and to the left of center, but I'm sure I need to sight the gun in a bit too. After I'm finished, I come back into the showroom and wait for the counter guy to come back. Grumpy comes in and yells hey, the guy who bought a crappy gun and doesn't know how to clean it is waiting. I couldn't hold back and told him his customer service was horrible, he laughed it off, told him he's a jackass and left. I'm not familiar with the rules so I did not post the name. Just wanted some others opinion Thanks!

I live in the northeast Philadelphia area. Also looking for a gun club to join soon.

Wayne
    That's definitely horrible customer service. I wouldn't go back and make sure you tell everyone you know not to go there as well. Congratulations on your first purchase. Look up the take down and cleaning for your gun on YouTube. There's videos for almost every gun on there and it shouldn't be very hard. Also look at finding something like a basic pistol course offered somewhere. It will be good experience and you may find out about a good place to shoot as well.

(Berks County)

Hey Wayne, welcome to your new addiction. Mr Suehr pretty much covered in his post.

Go with the vids for info. Try to find more than one. The more the merrier. Ask around about training if you know any local shooters.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks everyone. It wasn't Clayton's but I have been there and not a fan. I did search for videos and along with the cleaning kit I bought I am comfortably taking down and cleaning my gun on my own. I'm hoping to go to a few local gun clubs and eventually join one. My dad is looking to join a place in Greenlane this weekend so I'm going with him to their event. I shoot trap with him and enjoy it. But I also enjoy shooting pistols. Plan to start with the basics but hope to practice and get into competitions next year.

I commend you from holding back and not being confrontational ! Clearly a bias opinion maker with some hard crud covering his opinions ! Leavinf and saying why was the best you could accomplish,it does take two to argue ! O K the Taurus G 2 has been the top selling most in-expensive value in semi autos offered for the last three months on G B ! I own one and flawless no isuues although in the beginning it did not feed hollow points well, an simple polishing of the ramp elimated that.Accurate and feeds all 9mm ammo I consider it a dependable CCW. Congrats MDT