Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Washington County Tactical Range (New Range Opening)

We are creating something truly unique at Washington County Tactical Range and wanted to give some updates on the range that is currently being developed near West Alexander, PA. Here is an opportunity for you to offer suggestions and to get in line for memberships that go on sale December 1st. Memberships will run from Jan 1st to Dec 31st and we are limiting the number of members for 2016. The electronic pop-up system we purchased from www.AutoTargets.com will arrive in January, 2016 and will immediately be available to use by our members. Here's a quick video of me shooting a scenario that requires a single shot to the chest to drop the target and runs for 10 seconds:

We have designed this range for shooters that want to use their AR's and pistols as they were meant to be shot in real-world applications: from rapid-fire AR shooting to quick-draw pistol shooting to rifle & pistol transition drills (move and shoot) all using paper targets or bowling pins or even electronic targets capable of timing your shooting down to 4-decimals places of a second, so while you shot the 5-targets in the head from 20 feet in 6.292 seconds, let's see if your buddy can beat that time. We will provide touch-screen laptops to control the devices or you can simply use your smart phone. It's a rather remarkable system and is very easy to setup and change scenarios (how many shots does it take to knock down the target, where on the target is it required to hit before target drops, how many targets will pop-up at a time, etc).

We have designed four ranges at this facility:
    • 33-yard (100 feet x 50 feet) flat pistol range: Construction began in Oct, 2015. Range will allow quick draw, rifle and pistol transition drills (move and shoot), with 2 electronic targets.
    • 50-yard rapid-fire range: Completed. This area has 20-foot covered shooting area and 30 feet uncovered. This area allows you to shoot machine guns, weapons with slide-fire stocks, or simply "how fast can I pull the trigger on my AR or pistol", plus rifle and pistol transition drills (move and shoot).
    • 100-yard archery range: Construction began in Oct, 2015. Range will have area for tree stands for realistic training plus life-size buck, turkey, bear, groundhog targets.
    • 165-yard AR Tactical Range: Construction began in Oct, 2015. Range will have 2 lanes: one lane will have 8" metal targets and one lane will have 5 computer-controlled popup targets placed at 50, 75, 100, 125, 165 yards. Only AR-15's chambered in 5.56 are allowed.

Basic rules of the range:
    • No shooting before 10am and shooting ends at sunset. (Range is open 364 days a day, closed for Christmas)
    • Only paper targets or bowling pins can be brought onto range, so no metal or exploding targets or stuff you want to shoot (printers, computers) are allowed.
    • No one under 16 years old is permitted on range. This is a requirement of our insurance policy.
    • Once a month, a member is allowed to being a non-member to use the range at no cost.
    • Members must sign in upon arriving and to sign in non-members plus have them sign a release form. You do not need to sign out.
    • The electronic gate can be accessed either by security code at the keypad or remote key-fob (extra $30 per year)
    • Absolutely no picking up brass that you didn't shoot, in other words, no range rats picking up other peoples brass to sell.
    • Your ammo, your guns, your targets. We do not require that you purchase anything from us.
    • No limit on number of rounds in magazines or rate of fire.
    • Range is limited ~338 Lapua
    • Clean up after yourself.

Amenities:
    • Two picnic tables
    • Heavy duty grill
    • Two parking lots
    • Members receive a 10% discount on machine gun rentals

Email us at sales@washingtoncountyguns.com if you are considering a membership and we will offer memberships in the order that we receive those emails. We already have 45+ people in line and are maxing members at 150 for 2016. Membership prices have been set at $195 per year. Spouse's receive a 50% discount on memberships.

While everything in this post is exactly what we planned, sometimes unforeseen things can happen which will force us to make adjustments to our grand plan, so please keep that in mind for 2016.

Any questions, just ask.
    Last edited by WCMG; November 27th, 2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added 2nd lane to AR Range.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

Default Re: Washington County Tactical Range (New Range Opening)

Wow! I need to move your way! That is sweet!!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Washington County)

Email sent to get on membership list. I'm interested as well as my wife.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by M&P Chris View Post
    Email sent to get on membership list. I'm interested as well as my wife.
    I forgot to mention that spouses get a 50% discount on the membership price.

Also had a question sent to me by email that I will also address here, "What happens when the range is being used by the machine gun rental business?" That's an excellent question, the machine gun rental business only uses the 50-yard range and most of the time only 1/3 of the 50-yard range, plus we normally only have appointments on Saturday. Now for days when we have a large group, like this Saturday we have a bachelor party of 15+ coming out, the entire 50-yard range would be closed to members. On days with large groups when we have to run multiple shooting lanes, we will post on the calendar on our website so you will know if the 50-yard range will be closed to members for those hours on that day. Most large groups take about 2 to 3 hours depending on number of machine guns per person. If the machine gun rental business takes up to much time of the 50-yard range in the coming years, we will build another 50-yard range strictly for use by members. Groups above 10 are uncommon, most groups are around 3 to 6 and we only need a 1/3 of the 50-yard range to handle that many people, which allows the rest of the 50-yard range to be used by members.
    Last edited by WCMG; October 19th, 2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Washington County)

Membership prices have been finalized at $195 per year (Our insurance costs were much higher then anticipated because of what we are allowing members to do at this range.) Spouse's receive a 50% discount on memberships.

Email us at sales@washingtoncountyguns.com if you are considering a membership and we will offer memberships in the order that we receive those emails on December 1st. We already have 45+ people in line and are maxing members at 150 for 2016. Range will be open to members on January 1st. This is an outdoor only shooting range.

While everything in initial post is exactly what we planned, sometimes unforeseen things can happen which will force us to make adjustments to our grand plan, so please keep that in mind for 2016.

Any questions, just ask.

Any plans to eventually allow above 338 Lapua Magnum? I'd like to get some big bore AR uppers eventually (450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf) and maybe some fashion of 50 BMG down the road (either a bolt-action Safety Harbor AR upper or some fashion of Barrett).

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Any plans to eventually allow above 338 Lapua Magnum? I'd like to get some big bore AR uppers eventually (450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf) and maybe some fashion of 50 BMG down the road (either a bolt-action Safety Harbor AR upper or some fashion of Barrett).
    On the current 50-yard range we allow any caliber up to 50BMG. We shoot our F/A 458 SOCOM and a F/A 50 Beowulf there now. We also shoot our 40mm launchers with chalk rounds.

On the 200-yard AR Tactical range, we have to limit caliber size so the electronic pop-up targets last longer, so as of right now we are limiting that range to 5.56/223 rifles.
    Last edited by WCMG; October 24th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

(Washington County)

Phase 1 of range construction is completed at Washington County Tactical Range and phase 2 is moving along nicely. We are looking for volunteers for this Sunday, Nov 22nd, to assist us with the 200-yard AR Tactical Range.

Anybody who helps this Sunday will have free access to the range until Jan 1st, be first in line to purchase memberships starting Dec 1st, be able to shoot 2 MG's for free (MP5, AK47, or STEN MKIII) this Sunday, and get free pizza and soda/water. We will start at 10:00am, break for lunch at 1:00pm, and stop at 4:00pm to shoot some MG's. If you can't make it until after lunch, that's okay.

We need chainsaws, weedwackers, hand clippers, and muscle. If you are interested in helping us expand our range, please contact us.

Below are some pictures of 50-yard range that was completed this summer.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

(Fayette County)

Email sent!
    If I become a member, I am willing to help out with range builds and any events.

ETA: I'm going to check my work schedule and see if I can help out on the22ND after lunchtime.

Last edited by Ricochet; November 15th, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

(Washington County)

Looks like we have about 8 volunteers for this Sunday so should be a very productive day. Here's your chance to help build something truly unique in SW PA, our AR Tactical Range will initially have 5 electronically controlled pop-up silhouette targets that can be programmed to drop and rise in a multiple of ways, such as only head-shots will drop the target, or 2 to the chest, or 1 to the chest, even 1 hit anywhere on target. Plus you can program them to all rise the same time AND track the time it took you to shoot first one, then 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th, and then 5th down to 10,000th of a second (4 decimal places). It's incredibly addicting to set down with a buddy and watch that shot timer decrease over an hour or two, especially that first target drop time.

If you can make it down to help us in West Alexander, PA, we still need some more volunteers, plus we are going to let you guys burn through a 1,000 of rounds of 9mm and 7.62x39 on our AK-47, MP5, and STEN MKIII machine guns.

We won't be shooting our prized MG this Sunday, but here's a peak of our number one requested MG:

Shooting the M60

Free pizza, free pop/water, free MG shooting for a little sweat... sounds like a deal to me !! Hope to see you there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast