Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Rally for gun safety set for Thursday at MontCO Courthouse ---Santersiero

Got an email from this dunce:

Rally for gun safety set for Thursday at MontCO Courthouse

A rally marking the introduction of Pennsylvania House Bill 1010 and a companion bill in the Senate – legislation that would establish universal-background checks for gun purchases in the commonwealth – will take place 11:30 a.m. Thursday on the Montgomery County Courthouse steps in Norristown.

State Sen. Vince Hughes, as well as other legislators, law-enforcement officials, domestic-violence agencies and gun-safety advocates, will attend and speak.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Rally for gun safety set for Thursday at MontCO Courthouse ---Santersiero

Notice that they're co-opting terms again? "Gun Safety Advocate", to me that would me someone that regularly gives training on firearm safety. They're using that term because who could possibly be against gun safety?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Rally for gun safety set for Thursday at MontCO Courthouse ---Santersiero

I thought there already was a background check by a FFL for all gun transfers, except to relatives. What am I missing here?

(Berks County)

That's only for handguns and NFA items. Long guns that are FTF with a PA resident do not require an FFL check.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

(Bucks County)

1 hour round trip for me and my lunch break is only an hour. By the time I got there I'd have to turn around and go back to work. Can't these guys rally at a more convenient time?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    1 hour round trip for me and my lunch break is only an hour. By the time I got there I'd have to turn around and go back to work. Can't these guys rally at a more convenient time?
    So show up, fire a few shotgun blasts in the air like the Vice President told you to do and get back to work. Do your part, man.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post

My guess is that many of the participants at this are not working.

(Delaware County)

"Let's make a law where all firearm sales have to be transferred through an FFL with a background check!"
    "What, like handguns?"
    "Exactly!"
    "Like handguns, which criminals already purchase illegally, without going through a background check, because criminals, by definition, are people who break the law?"
    "*walks away*"

That's pretty much how most arguments with liberals end, isn't it?

(Chester County)

How about one of our guys introducing a new law rescinding background checks for long guns. Fill out a 4473 until we get that rescinded, pay for your firearm and go on your merry way just the way it's supposed to be.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CDKJudoka View Post
    That's only for handguns and NFA items. Long guns that are FTF with a PA resident do not require an FFL check.
    There is no requirement for NFA items.

Some NFA items are 6102 "Firearms," but NFA status is meaningless.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast