Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Dr. Ben Carson is out of his mind

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    i agree. why isnt anyone countering with the history of the warsaw uprising. My, what a short memory people seem to have. Poles fought off the germans for a long time. Their downfall was when russia came in and took poland if i remember correctly. they couldnt defend against both.

another good book about eh Warsaw uprising:
    http://www.amazon.com/No-Greater-All...o+greater+ally
    Um...that's not how it happened. The Nazi's basically blitzkrieg'd the ghetto when the Poles would not willingly be "deported" to concentration camps. The Russians played no role.

Why is is not brought up as a counterpoint...probably because the Poles resistance did not happen because they had guns.

A better example might be the The French Resistance during WWII.

(Bucks County)

At what point, if any, during the war did the average Jew know that the camps equaled death?

I wonder only as I do watching the Iraqi soldiers surrending to Isis doing so peacefully when they must know that they are being led to their deaths.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    am not a fan of Diane's. However, that particular quote came from a satirical website. Propagating falsities undermines our veracity when it comes to the actual truth.
    Well,, she's still got a bunch to choose from.
    "We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines."
    -Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) during a March 7 Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    At what point, if any, during the war did the average Jew know that the camps equaled death?

I wonder only as I do watching the Iraqi soldiers surrending to Isis doing so peacefully when they must know that they are being led to their deaths.
    The ones who saw what was coming, and had the means to, GTF out of Germany while they could. I don't think that it was very hard to see the writing on the wall.

I also don't know if the average Jew in WWII era Germany were more or less sheeplike than the people today who think, "That could never happen here!"

Most people only see what they want to see.

(Lancaster County)

Dr. Carson is basically too nice of a person to deal with the many problems of the US and evidently
    has no clue how to manage an organization the size of .gov in spite of his obvious intelligence.

Time for him to drop out...

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    is what a columnist placed in todays local rag. Out of his mind by stating (paraphrasing) the Nazis disarmed the Jews first, then led them to slaughter. Columnist states "experts" agree that the 214,000 Jews remaining armed would not have stopped the Nazis.

Interesting expert conclusion, raising the question: then why did the Nazis bother to disarm them?
    And as the columnist should well know, it will NEVER happen again!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post

The vast majority of the Jews did not know that the camps equaled death. Many of them did not know even when they arrived. Many of them thought the "showers" were actually showers. The Germans were very secretive about the details of their "Final Solution". Their story was that the Jews were being "resettled".

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Um...that's not how it happened. The Nazi's basically blitzkrieg'd the ghetto when the Poles would not willingly be "deported" to concentration camps. The Russians played no role.

Why is is not brought up as a counterpoint...probably because the Poles resistance did not happen because they had guns.

A better example might be the The French Resistance during WWII.
    um.. no. you need to reread your history. The uprising started as the russians rolled up to poland with the promise to back them. they were halted by stalin and would not support them.. or allow any support to them. they did this to gain post war goals... russia wanted poland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Uprising

or better yet, get the book i linked to. it is very in depth and very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    um.. no. you need to reread your history. The uprising started as the russians rolled up to poland with the promise to back them. they were halted by stalin and would not support them.. or allow any support to them. they did this to gain post war goals... russia wanted poland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Uprising

or better yet, get the book i linked to. it is very in depth and very interesting.
    The Warsaw Uprising and the rounding up of Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto were two different occuranaces. The round up of the Jews in the ghetto happened a year before the uprising. The post you responded to seemed to confuse the two. Given the Carson comments about "what if they had guns" is more relevant to the ghetto because they didn't. The Poles during the uprising had guns,many it still did nothing to stop the Nazi's without the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    Dr. Carson is basically too nice of a person to deal with the many problems of the US and evidently
    has no clue how to manage an organization the size of .gov in spite of his obvious intelligence.

Time for him to drop out...
    I WOULD STILL VOTE FOR HIM OVER BUSH!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast