Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Notary for Trust

I am a notary and an approved educator for the required class for notaries in the commonwealth of PA. If you need assistance I'd be happy to help.
    As for notaries who have refused you. the notary public law allows notaries to refuse service on select reasons. the primary reasons being failure of the signer to have satisfacotry evidence of identity. the pa notary public act states that the ID must be a current government isssued ID that bears a physical description of the signer. (i have refused service for expired ID's) the other reasons notaries routinely refuse service in PA is if a document does not contain the proper notarial certificate. normally a JURAT or acknowledgment certificate.

again if you need help let me know.

215-310-5436
    Last edited by gbrown221; October 18th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    Slightly confused here. If I understand correctly, you're not asking them to set up the trust -- just to notarize the paperwork to verify that you actually signed the form. When I purchased a rifle from CMP a while back, I had to submit a notarized form. My bank (TD Bank) notarized the form for free, after verifying my ID (DL). Didn't ask what it was for, and I don't think they even verified that I was a customer. Someone in the HR department at work is probably a notary, but that's generally a bad idea for obvious reasons.
    many banks refuse to notarize documents not related to banking matters. eg a bank notary may notarize the mortgage instrument for your refinance of your house but may have a policy on bank notaries executing non bank related matters.

(Chester County)

Ya, the bank only did notaries for matters related to them. I ended up going with UPS and that worked out fine. Thanks for the suggestions everybody!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    many banks refuse to notarize documents not related to banking matters. eg a bank notary may notarize the mortgage instrument for your refinance of your house but may have a policy on bank notaries executing non bank related matters.

I would guess this is a function of the business not wanting its employees doing a lot of non-employer related tasks during their work day.

(Delaware County)

My State Representative and Senator will notarize documents for constituents for free. I imagine others provide that service too.

(Northampton County)

xmjay177

Open up Mapquest or any mapping website. Type in your zip code. Select "Search Nearby" and type "notary." It's really that simple. Pick the closest one and call them and ask if they will notarize a trust. People that offer general notary services will, people that offer them ancillary to their business services might not.

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    Slightly confused here. If I understand correctly, you're not asking them to set up the trust -- just to notarize the paperwork to verify that you actually signed the form. When I purchased a rifle from CMP a while back, I had to submit a notarized form. My bank (TD Bank) notarized the form for free, after verifying my ID (DL). Didn't ask what it was for, and I don't think they even verified that I was a customer. Someone in the HR department at work is probably a notary, but that's generally a bad idea for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    It confused me a bit too. The notary is only verifying the signature on a document regardless of the document not constructing it. It's kind of like a photographer that won't take your photo because of what clothes you are wearing WTF?
    I already explained it.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12