Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My EDC

(Philadelphia County)

Default My EDC

So after 2 years of carry and acquiring different guns (Glock, HK, S&W, Walther). My first gun was a Sig P229 in .40. I eventually got ahold of a Sig P228 and it has my primary carry ever since. I know there are a lot of more modern guns out on market, which I have bought and carried, but find myself always coming back to the 228. I won't say it's the best gun out there as there are plenty of good guns.

I never bought into the whole pocket gun craze going on and prefer to carry at least a compact size. Just curious about what everyone carries and what your thoughts are.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: My EDC

My preferred EDC is my Springfield Loaded Champion (4" 1911). The 1911 platform just works for me. Not saying it is the best for everybody, but it is my preference.
    When the 1911 is too big, it is a Springfield XDs 3.3 .45.
    When even that is too much I have an LCP that works with anything. I agree with you about the pocket gun craze, however the first rule of gunfighting, "have a gun", is paramount. Better the LCP in my pocket than a pointed stick.

(Montgomery County)

Although I own guns that are worth several thousand dollars each, I prefer to carry a Glock 23 or a Glock 27 or a Khar PM9, depending on weather and clothing. These are great guns that have been proven over and over in actual situations and something I am comfortable shooting. Also if I was involved in a shooting I won't care as much giving up a $500-600 gun to the police.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Indiana County)

I personally don't care what the gun costs, carry what you're comfortable with and shoot well. My edc is a Nighthawk T3 I had customized to my liking in a Brommeland Max Con V holster. It shoots lights out and carries very very well for me.

(Chester County)

I carry a Taurus 85 (most recent model) more than anything else any more. If I don't carry that, then I carry a Glock 30S.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Delaware County)

My EDC is my Shield chambered in 9mm 2 extra mags. My switch out is my SA Xds 45 2 extended mags. Mostly Apendix IWB with ocassional OWB depends on where im headed.
    SEMPER GUMBY

Usually an open carried full size revolver, chambered either in .357 mag or .41 mag. I like having the full magnum ballistics and also the reliabilty of a wheel gun.

If I must pocket carry, it's a W. Germany stamped Walther PPK/S in 7,65 mm

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    Although I own guns that are worth several thousand dollars each, I prefer to carry a Glock 23 or a Glock 27 or a Khar PM9, depending on weather and clothing. These are great guns that have been proven over and over in actual situations and something I am comfortable shooting. Also if I was involved in a shooting I won't care as much giving up a $500-600 gun to the police.
    Nice and agreed. Glock 19 for me if its raining out.

(Northampton County)

FEG Hi-Power. If I want to go more compact, then it's an Astra A70. Bought the FEG to scratch the itch for a Browning. Shot so well that I had it hard chromed by Mahovsky and put a Sprinco buffer in it. My Astra just went off to Mahovsky.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Lackawanna County)

I carry either a Glock 23 or a kahr CW9. They have both been 100% reliable and I am accurate with them. The weather and my clothing determine which one I pick up. My wife carries an LCP. She isn't interested in anything larger and she shoots it pretty dang well. She shot it much better than I did the last time we went out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast