Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi M971VRC

(Dauphin County)

Default Rossi M971VRC

Okay, so I have two questions about a Rossi M971 VRC 6" imported by interarms. It's missing the rear sight assembly entirely. I have looked high and low on web - it can not be found. I spoke o a gun smith who said he was going to be making some "at some point" but I'm not really looking to wait that long. I've read in a few places tat you could possibly make a smith and wesson k-frame sight assembly fit. Has anyone done this?

Second question: Because I haven't been able to find the sight assembly I mounted a bushnell trophy red-dot I had laying around. I's actually a really sweet combo. But I CAN NOT find a holster for this damn thing. What can I do? I wanna hunt with it - but this is the first year I've gotten my hunting license so I have almost nothing in terms of hunting gear.
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Rossi M971VRC

If you want to try, you can call either:
    http://www.gun-parts.com/rossi/
    OR
    http://www.jackfirstgun.com
    For parts.

Bob's doesn't list the rear sight, but they might be able to help. Jack First doesn't list parts on their site. You have to call or get their catalog.

For a holster, the 971 is the size of a K-frame Smith. Any holster for a 6" K-frame should work.

(Philadelphia County)

For a holster check out Phlster, they are a philly based company making high quality kydex holsters. Your gun obviously wouldn't be one of their standard models but Jon takes custom appointments. You take your firearm (unloaded of course) to his shop in port Richmond and he makes the holster while you wait (around an hour). The cost will be around $80 but email or Facebook message him for a better idea.
    I have 2 of his holsters and a friend has 2, we are both extremely happy.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Pardon me for asking the obvious, but have you contacted Rossi in your search for a rear sight assembly?

Rossi Customer Care Call Center
    Call Toll Free: (800) 948-8029
    Monday thru Friday - 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST)

Even if that particular model is no longer made, on parts like sights there is usually cross-model commonality.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Pardon me for asking the obvious, but have you contacted Rossi in your search for a rear sight assembly?

Rossi Customer Care Call Center
    Call Toll Free: (800) 948-8029
    Monday thru Friday - 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST)

Even if that particular model is no longer made, on parts like sights there is usually cross-model commonality.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Oh absolutely. Because its an older model and the company no longer is associated with "interarms" they do not have parts nor do they honor a warranty for the firearm. This is part of the reason I was able to get it extremely cheap. The rear sight blades are next to impossible to track down.

(Jefferson County)

Rossi, and their products of today, are unrelated to the prior Rossi(likewise for H&R of pre-1986 versus 1987 to 2000, versus 2000 to present).

I believe the 971 uses the same rear sight as the 720 and the "Cyclops" models.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Rossi, and their products of today, are unrelated to the prior Rossi(likewise for H&R of pre-1986 versus 1987 to 2000, versus 2000 to present).

I believe the 971 uses the same rear sight as the 720 and the "Cyclops" models.
    I couldn't find sight assemblies for sale for either of those models at the moment but I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks!

I might be able to help you out. I bought a 971VRC back in '95. It was my very first gun. It was also the worst gun I ever had. Woefully inaccurate and always out of time. I eventually stripped it down to the frame and use it as a demo/prop when I teach NRA Basic Pistol. I know I bagged up some of the parts and pieces. Give me a day or two to find them and I'll see if I have the rear sight assembly.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    I might be able to help you out. I bought a 971VRC back in '95. It was my very first gun. It was also the worst gun I ever had. Woefully inaccurate and always out of time. I eventually stripped it down to the frame and use it as a demo/prop when I teach NRA Basic Pistol. I know I bagged up some of the parts and pieces. Give me a day or two to find them and I'll see if I have the rear sight assembly.
    That would be huge. I've searched high and low for those sights to no avail. I'm at the point where I'm ready to give up.

You're in luck. I found the bag of parts this morning. Here's the rear sight assembly as well as all the other bits, minus the barrel and front sight:

971VRC_rear_sight_zpsa3kcn7hw.jpg
    971VRC_misc_parts_zpsjwkc1yhg.jpg

I can mail it to you if you like or we can meet face to face. Your call.
    Did you have any interest in any of the other parts? At this point, they're only taking up space.
    It's a minor miracle they didn't get tossed before now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast