Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Cougar sighting in Bucks County

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    The game commission is full of it. In 2010 a friend who lives on Ridge Road saw a game commission pick up truck take a mountain lion that was hit by a car being placed in the back of their truck. He was told "You did not see this!
    Yup, a lot of cloak and dagger stuff in the PA Game Commission. I heard they handled the Kennedy assassination at the behest of the CIA.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Yup, a lot of cloak and dagger stuff in the PA Game Commission. I heard they handled the Kennedy assassination at the behest of the CIA.
    Hey you were talkin to my Cousin Cleatus too?

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    The game commission is full of it. In 2010 a friend who lives on Ridge Road saw a game commission pick up truck take a mountain lion that was hit by a car being placed in the back of their truck. He was told "You did not see this!
    At least you don't have an agenda

5 forum posts
    agenda.jpg

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Hey you were talkin to my Cousin Cleatus too?
    Cleatus Van Damme???

He's your cousin?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Elk County)

Cougar sighting in Lower Saucon Township, PA:

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Cougar sighting in Lower Saucon Township, PA:

Noah
    Not a cougar. Boobs too small.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: Cougar sighting in Bucks County, I saw cougars several times.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Sometime between 1984-1986 I prevented a Cougar from attacking a student in the field behind St Anselm School in NE Philadelphia. The student was returning from lunch by cutting across the field between Chilton Rd and the school yard. There was a hole cut in the fence by the annex building that students who lived in that part of Parkwood would use to enter and exit the school yard.

I saw the Cougar stalking a kid from behind so I yelled to get his attention. He turned saw it and franticly ran towards the hole in the fence. It started to chase him down and it was clear that he wasn't going to make it. I decided to run directly at it to give Carl enough time to get into the school yard. I was prepared to give my life for Carl even though he was kind of a bully. After he was safely behind me I grew angry that I was probably about to die. I figured my best or only hope was to scare it off. I continued my charge yelling and screaming hoping others would come to my aid if things went badly. It stopped and turned sideways arching its back in a defensive posture. I knew I was in trouble so I stomped my feet as hard as I could on the ground while slowing down in an attempt to overwhelm its sensitivity to ground vibration. If this didn't work my back up plan was a missile drop kick aimed at its head. I made it within 10 feet before it decided to flee.

This was my first taste of the adrenaline that comes with deciding to fight for your life. Also the first time that I disobeyed the school staff and the police. I refused to leave my position until every student safely returned from lunch. I remember my older sister being sent out to try and convince me to return to the school yard. A police officer arrived shortly after. He had already talked to Carl who refused to leave the safety of the building.

The officer came out in the field where I was. I kept watch while telling him what had taken place. He was shaking with fear. I tried to convince him to go into the field after it. I was even trying to physically push that coward into the un-mowed field that the Cougar was now hiding in. When this didn't work I tried to convince him to call for backup to cut it off from the Townsend Rd side of the field. He refused and instead convinced me into the Principles office where he called the Game Commission. The Game Commission told him what he wanted to hear "that there were no wild Cougars in PA". Next I convinced the Principle to call the Philadelphia Zoo. They called back a minute later after a head count was taken. It wasn't one of their Cougars.

This was the first time I realized that not all Cops were not the heroes I was mislead into believing they were. I'm sure if I did nothing that Carl would have been killed or serious injured. I was lucky that I took it off guard or I would have also been killed or seriously injured. And here was a cop with a gun unwilling to potentially put himself in harms way to protect innocent children. Damn right I'm bitter but I don't hold my grudge against all cops. I still view everyday as a new opportunity for a cop to step up and be a hero.
    I saw the same cougar several times over the last few years in 2016 the third Thursday of the month, I was driving from Pine road down Moreland road approaching Second Street Pike. and three deer came flying across the street about 100 yards from the Pike followed by a crouching mountain lion. I thought I was seeing things. I told my wife and she said it must have been a coyote. Then in 2017 first week in January, I was coming down Terrwood Road and turned on Edge Hill Road. I got about 50 yards down the road and my wife yells look out and I braked as a huge Mountain Lion the size of a African Male Lion jumped from ta boulder on my left into the middle of the street and in one leap was gone in the direction of the Golf Course and Lower Moreland. It was at dusk. The Cat was at least 7' long from nose to tail. It is about an 1/8 mile from my home. I have pictures of the prints from my yard taken in 2017 and a recording of it calling another cat at 3:00 A.M. when my dog woke me because something was in our yard./Users/chuckkosola/Desktop/Mountain Lion.mp4

(Montgomery County)

Yes, I know we have a mating pair in our area. I saw one twice in the Terwood reserve in Willow Grove towards Lower Moreland and right near my home on Edge Hill Road one jumped right in front of my car following a deer trail. The cat I saw was at least 7-8' long and was about 3' high and had a thick brown tail and brown body. Scary. My wife spotted it first. I always see the cats early in the morning at dusk or at night when they are out hunting. I have tracks, recording of them screaming and I am trying to get a picture on a trail cam. They are following the turnpike hunting injured deer or fresh car kills. They have a 70 mile range.

No you don’t, and no you didn’t.

(Allegheny County)

This is no bullshit guys.
    A black panther had me treed and I thought it was over. It may have had some albino in him.
    Thank God my zipline was still in place.
    I barely escaped.

2018-10-15_03-10-40 by poofy27, on Flickr
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast