Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Cougar sighting in Bucks County

A cougar was sighted for the second time in about a month near Rt. 263 & Mill Road. I'm sure the PA Game Commission will deny that, of course.
    The article was in today's BCCT on page A5.
    I may be wrong but doesn't the PAGC keep telling us there are no cougars left in PA ?
    Jesus is Lord !

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Cougar sighting in Bucks County

Not sure about cougars, but I'm sure this is the second time this morning I've seen this thread.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

I thought she had moved her operations to Street and York Roads...

(Bucks County)

I just drove through there, and I saw no Cougar.

Went up for a ride and saw a cougar ! About 58 years old and a ton of makeup ! MDT

(Chester County)

Mercury is back?

(Schuylkill County)

Sometime between 1984-1986 I prevented a Cougar from attacking a student in the field behind St Anselm School in NE Philadelphia. The student was returning from lunch by cutting across the field between Chilton Rd and the school yard. There was a hole cut in the fence by the annex building that students who lived in that part of Parkwood would use to enter and exit the school yard.

I saw the Cougar stalking a kid from behind so I yelled to get his attention. He turned saw it and franticly ran towards the hole in the fence. It started to chase him down and it was clear that he wasn't going to make it. I decided to run directly at it to give Carl enough time to get into the school yard. I was prepared to give my life for Carl even though he was kind of a bully. After he was safely behind me I grew angry that I was probably about to die. I figured my best or only hope was to scare it off. I continued my charge yelling and screaming hoping others would come to my aid if things went badly. It stopped and turned sideways arching its back in a defensive posture. I knew I was in trouble so I stomped my feet as hard as I could on the ground while slowing down in an attempt to overwhelm its sensitivity to ground vibration. If this didn't work my back up plan was a missile drop kick aimed at its head. I made it within 10 feet before it decided to flee.

This was my first taste of the adrenaline that comes with deciding to fight for your life. Also the first time that I disobeyed the school staff and the police. I refused to leave my position until every student safely returned from lunch. I remember my older sister being sent out to try and convince me to return to the school yard. A police officer arrived shortly after. He had already talked to Carl who refused to leave the safety of the building.

The officer came out in the field where I was. I kept watch while telling him what had taken place. He was shaking with fear. I tried to convince him to go into the field after it. I was even trying to physically push that coward into the un-mowed field that the Cougar was now hiding in. When this didn't work I tried to convince him to call for backup to cut it off from the Townsend Rd side of the field. He refused and instead convinced me into the Principles office where he called the Game Commission. The Game Commission told him what he wanted to hear "that there were no wild Cougars in PA". Next I convinced the Principle to call the Philadelphia Zoo. They called back a minute later after a head count was taken. It wasn't one of their Cougars.

This was the first time I realized that not all Cops were not the heroes I was mislead into believing they were. I'm sure if I did nothing that Carl would have been killed or serious injured. I was lucky that I took it off guard or I would have also been killed or seriously injured. And here was a cop with a gun unwilling to potentially put himself in harms way to protect innocent children. Damn right I'm bitter but I don't hold my grudge against all cops. I still view everyday as a new opportunity for a cop to step up and be a hero.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Not sure about cougars, but I'm sure this is the second time this morning I've seen this thread.
    Yeah, mea culpa, I wanted to hear from the hunters on this site because I thought I remembered reading the game commission denying that there were any living in PA
    Jesus is Lord !

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yeah, mea culpa, I wanted to hear from the hunters on this site because I thought I remembered reading the game commission denying that there were any living in PA
    If you brought the GC a body it would automatically be declared an escaped pet. Most people blindly accept the explanation provided by a Government Agency because it makes them feel safer. Sound Familiar?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    If you brought the GC a body it would automatically be declared an escaped pet. Most people blindly accept the explanation provided by a Government Agency because it makes them feel safer. Sound Familiar?
    Pretty much. What is the point of denying it though ? That I don't understand
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast