Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Cougar sighting in Bucks County

Maybe so but there have been at least 3 sightings in this general area in couple years, so something is there
    Jesus is Lord !

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    A cougar was sighted for the second time in about a month near Rt. 263 & Mill Road. I'm sure the PA Game Commission will deny that, of course.
    The article was in today's BCCT on page A5.
    I may be wrong but doesn't the PAGC keep telling us there are no cougars left in PA ?

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    The Florida panthers are/were the last of the eastern cougars. In order for a species to survive it's got to have a diverse gene pool and a sustainable population to breed. Once the panthers dropped below 50 in Florida in the 1980's they started getting inbred and having issues. They brought in western cougars to essentially save the population from extinction.

And that is why there are no cougars/mountain lions/panthers here in PA. There is no sustainable population to support them. If there was you would know they are there because they frequently get hit by cars and leave lots of sign around.

It is known the western cougar population has pushed east and it is possible that a young single male could make it to PA, but at the moment it would take decades to establish a population.
    Taking into account the first half of that story, how does the second half work? Mail order brides? Even if he managed to get a femail they would fizzle out in an English monarchy desise fest of drool.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Sorta makes me wonder how Adam and Eve ever viably took off and survived.
    The story is they were perfect.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Given the lack of any, and I mean any, proof of cougars in PA--no verifiable game cam photos, no cell phone photos, no dead cougars (everything gets hit by cars) and repeated calls by every publication in the state to bring proof--I'm going to say a breeding population of cougars is as likely as Bigfoot.
    Ahhh so you agree they exist.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Taking into account the first half of that story, how does the second half work? Mail order brides? Even if he managed to get a femail they would fizzle out in an English monarchy desise fest of drool.
    I doubt that a repopulation project would waste time and efforts on natural mating.
    It would be more efficient and effective to tranquilize a wild animal and then artificially inseminate it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I doubt that a repopulation project would waste time and efforts on natural mating.
    It would be more efficient and effective to tranquilize a wild animal and then artificially inseminate it.
    How did they reintroduce the Elk population in Elk County? I would imagine relocation, then methods like you state were used.

(Montgomery County)

The environmentalists don't want you to believe that a species can revert back to a very small, not visible breeding population, then resurge decades later. The east coast cougar has been and will be around for a long time. The west coast cougar didn't just migrate 3000 miles to suddenly become the east coast cougar. The east coast cougar has always been around and there have been very rare sightings over the years. So, yes, they live among us. They are not lynx for domestic house cats. They are east coast cougars.

There was one time where man thought silverback gorillas were myth. That was until someone actually saw one and shot one then brought it back to the UK. The same thing will probably be the circumstance around the the east coast cougar.

(Bucks County)

The Eastern Cougar has been domesticated by the Bigfeets.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    The environmentalists don't want you to believe that a species can revert back to a very small, not visible breeding population, then resurge decades later. The east coast cougar has been and will be around for a long time. The west coast cougar didn't just migrate 3000 miles to suddenly become the east coast cougar. The east coast cougar has always been around and there have been very rare sightings over the years. So, yes, they live among us. They are not lynx for domestic house cats. They are east coast cougars.

There was one time where man thought silverback gorillas were myth. That was until someone actually saw one and shot one then brought it back to the UK. The same thing will probably be the circumstance around the the east coast cougar.
    I knew there was a reason there is zero proof that they exist here. They are invisible, thanks for clearing that up.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast