Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dems ready.... sweeping new guns bill

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    No intelligent man has any respect for an unjust law.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

However, if I get caught breaking the law or the rules, I accept the consequences as my due. That I can justify my disobedience doesn't mean I should expect to get away with it.

-Robert A Heinlein
    Heinlein had a few nifty ideas on how to improve society.

"Earning the Franchise" is something that's stuck with me as a good idea ever since I first read "Starship Troopers" at around age 8 or so...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dems ready.... sweeping new guns bill

Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    I hope you are correct, but I’m pretty sure getting some “common sense regulation” through that would prohibit people with “mental health” issues would be a pretty easy sell. After a series of mass shooting blamed on people with mental health issues is any one in congress going to stand up and say “I support gun ownership for people with mental health issues”. There is your step 1. Step 2 and 3 are a nationalized mental health system, maybe Obamacare+ and then defining what is a mental health issue anyway you see fit.

Even without a nationalized mental health database, how often do the shooters take the firearm of a family member? So if you have a son or daughter who is on prescription medication for say depression, there is no need to have access to the mental health records, just the prescription records and/or insurance records. Then since someone’s child is on medication for ADD, depression, whatever wouldn’t it be “common sense” to keep guns out of the house the live in?

Call me paranoid but I don’t trust the anti-gun folks farther than I can comfortably spit a rat.
    There already is a national mental health database.... it's called SSI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123