Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Philly area dog lovers

I do a lot of dog rescues. Frequently saving dogs listed on Craigslist and sending them to rescues. Since I'm up north and can't do it myself, I've had a few issues where people wouldn't go to certain neighborhoods to transport dogs for my group. Can anyone near Philly help. I would mostly need an occasional trip to a rough neighborhood to transport to a safe area for pick up. Most of my transporters are women that don't carry.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly area dog lovers

Are these dogs listed on Craigslist or something that are being given away or what ?

Strays or injured or neglected pets in Philadelphia are usually handled by the SPCA or PACCA.

I am trying to figure out who would be summoning your group into rough neighborhoods.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Philly area dog lovers

The group is Craigslist Pet Rescue. We do our best to convince people to rehome their pets properly. Free on CL almost always ends badly. Volunteers contact posters and offer to put them in touch with rescues that we check out too. And we arrange transport. We've had great success in just a few months. No money ever ever comes to us, we're animal activists but not the PETA kind. I forget the neighborhood but it was Ruth St. A woman being evicted was offering her Pittie for free, we arranged for a vol. woman to pick up the dog but when she checked location she backed out. We did find a cops wife that carries to go get her.