Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Trop gun shop - Elizabethtown, PA

UPDATE: I had a slight issue here with an employee on an isolated incident. Turns out the guy was a part-timer and didn't have a whole lot of experience selling guns so we'll chalk it up to a learning experience. Phill (the guy who runs the place) reached out and made this right. Shop there with confidence folks. I know I'll be back in there at some point.
    Last edited by BallisticSheepDog76; October 9th, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

(Butler County)

Default Re: Trop gun shop - Elizabethtown, PA

This is why you go in there, fingerbang the guns until you find the one you want, leave, and find the cheapest price online. Find someone (not Trop) to receive it.

I've developed a remarkable lack of tolerance for the 3rd rate gunshop clown. I'm glad the species is not native to WestPA and exists in the central and eastern portion of the state as well....

(Washington County)

Wow. The guy with the green shirt seems nuts.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    This is why you go in there, fingerbang the guns until you find the one you want, leave, and find the cheapest price online. Find someone (not Trop) to receive it.

I've developed a remarkable lack of tolerance for the 3rd rate gunshop clown. I'm glad the species is not native to WestPA and exists in the central and eastern portion of the state as well....
    Trop has the cheapest FFL transfer rate I've found in the area ($17 I think).

Not transferring through them seems like cutting off your nose to spite someone else's face.

Unless you really truly hate them and don't want ever to darken their doorstep again.

Which doesn't sound like the case, it sounds more like a personnel issue.

And yeah, sounds like the salesguy had some issues.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Trop has the cheapest FFL transfer rate I've found in the area ($17 I think).
    Very interesting. I will certainly look into that further. Thank you for that information twency.

(Dauphin County)

I had a minor issue with them once, the checkout staff tried to tell me that having a box of ammunition and a boxed (unloaded) firearm together in the front seat of my car on the way home would be illegal without a license to carry. I tried to discuss it and they basically said "hey, if you think you know the law then that's on you".

I had a LTCF so it was moot, but it annoyed me that they were giving out what I consider bad info. That said, I've still had better experiences there (on average) than I've had at other local gun shops.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I tried to discuss it and they basically said "hey, if you think you know the law then that's on you".
    Gun shop employees are notorious for playing "lawyer". I usually let it go in one ear and out the other. If I wrote a post about all the dumb legal things I've heard gun shop employees say over the years I'd probably have to buy a new keyboard.
    Last edited by BallisticSheepDog76; October 5th, 2015 at 02:47 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Does anyone else find it odd the OP took umbrage with the lack of attention the guy in the green shirt was giving to him regarding the firearms, yet he didn't notice the attention the asshat was giving to his fiancée (to the point of making her uncomfortable) until she mentioned it in the parking lot? Mr. Green Shirt's corny jokes were probably aimed at her. They surely weren't meant to further the possibility of a sale with the OP.

Sometimes, situational awareness to defend loved ones does not come to the point of having to make decisions about whether or not to use deadly force. I'm guessing Mr. Green Shirt would have been more attentive to the OP's possible FNX sale if the OP would have noticed his attention to his fiancée and responded with something along the lines of "You know, I don't plan to trade my fiancée for this gun. So, can you pay a little more attention to me and my cash than her?" The OP may have been treated better afterwards, walked out with a new toy...and maybe "got lucky" later on. I'm not saying women are defenseless, but in my experience, they do like their guys noticing and coming to their defense once in awhile. Chivalry is not dead.

As for Trop, I've never been there. My job has me in the Harrisburg area every now and then. I may have to stop in and check them out when I'm nearby.

As for the suggestion to window shop and order online, I guess I'm ruined by living local to Advanced Arms. Their salespeople are top notch, and their prices are right there with online prices. I've bought firearms there for less than the prices I've found online. There was one rifle I purchased from them that was $15 more than the lowest price I found online, but that $15 extra was well spent on the awesome customer service they have.

(Lancaster County)

I stopped in a few days ago. They were having register or computer problems so after spending an hour in store I left with nothing because I got tired of waiting in line.
    At the gun counter, knife counter and on the floor I was asked several times if I needed help or had questions.

If an employee was acting that strangely I would have brought it to someone's attention. He sounds like a Borg for cripessake

You did the right thing by posting a thread here. I expect the Trop owner to respond in this thread soon enough and probably look into fixing your problem in his store. He's always been highly responsive to us on this forum, whether we have complaints or compliments.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast