Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default References question for CC

I just wanted to find out if my references for concealed carry have to be PA residents. My friends are more on the anti-gun side and I don't feel comfortable asking any of them to be a reference. My husband and I have only lived in Philly for about a year and a half and our friend circle is pretty small. I have people in other states who would vouch for me.
    We are prior military and own a few firearms already. I would like to get a CC to feel safer when I'm by myself walking or biking from somewhere.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: References question for CC

There's no requirement for them to be from Philadelphia, or Pennsylvania. Actually, they could probably even be from Canada or Mexico.

More recently, however, I do believe that Philadelphia did away with the References issue altogether.

(Dauphin County)

Philadelphia no longer requires you to provide references. If you do provide them, they will not be contacted.

"As a result of the Settlement, the City will pay $1.425 million to the class and will be separately responsible for the costs of administering the settlement. Further, and of similar importance, the City has agreed to a number of policy changes, which can be found starting on page 11 of the Settlement Agreement, including:

Not to disclose LTCF applicant information either electronically or in-person;
    Annual training of the Philadelphia Police Department and Philadelphia License and Inspection Board of Review on the confidentiality of LTCF applicant information;
    Customer service training for the Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit;
    Posting a copy of the LTCF Application Notice on its website and where LTCF applications and appeals can be submitted or obtained, as well as, providing a copy to anyone who has his/her LTCF denied or revoked;
    The City will not require references on the LTCF application and will not contact any references listed on the LTCF application;
    The City will not require lawful immigrants or US Citizens with a US Passport to provide naturalization papers;
    The City will not require any applicant to disclose whether he/she owns a firearm during the LTCF application process;
    The City will not deny an application because the applicant answered “no” to any question regarding whether the applicant had been charged/convicted of any crime where the applicant received a pardon or expungement from the charge or conviction;
    The City will process all LTCF applications within 45 calendar days;
    The City will remit $15.00 to any applicant who is denied within 20 days;
    The City will not require LTCF applicants or holders to disclose to law enforcement that they have an LTCF, that they are carrying a firearm or that they have a firearm in the vehicle; and
    The City will not confiscate an LTCF or firearm, unless there is probable cause that the LTCF or firearm is evidence of a crime. In the event an LTCF or firearm is confiscated, the officer must immediately provide a property receipt, which shall include the pertinent information" - http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/07/22...f-information/
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

(Juniata County)

Cool Re: References question for CC

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticSheepDog76 View Post
    Philadelphia no longer requires you to provide references. If you do provide them, they will not be contacted.

"As a result of the Settlement, the City will pay $1.425 million to the class and will be separately responsible for the costs of administering the settlement. Further, and of similar importance, the City has agreed to a number of policy changes, which can be found starting on page 11 of the Settlement Agreement, including:

Not to disclose LTCF applicant information either electronically or in-person;
    Annual training of the Philadelphia Police Department and Philadelphia License and Inspection Board of Review on the confidentiality of LTCF applicant information;
    Customer service training for the Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit;
    Posting a copy of the LTCF Application Notice on its website and where LTCF applications and appeals can be submitted or obtained, as well as, providing a copy to anyone who has his/her LTCF denied or revoked;
    The City will not require references on the LTCF application and will not contact any references listed on the LTCF application;
    The City will not require lawful immigrants or US Citizens with a US Passport to provide naturalization papers;
    The City will not require any applicant to disclose whether he/she owns a firearm during the LTCF application process;
    The City will not deny an application because the applicant answered “no” to any question regarding whether the applicant had been charged/convicted of any crime where the applicant received a pardon or expungement from the charge or conviction;
    The City will process all LTCF applications within 45 calendar days;
    The City will remit $15.00 to any applicant who is denied within 20 days;
    The City will not require LTCF applicants or holders to disclose to law enforcement that they have an LTCF, that they are carrying a firearm or that they have a firearm in the vehicle; and
    The City will not confiscate an LTCF or firearm, unless there is probable cause that the LTCF or firearm is evidence of a crime. In the event an LTCF or firearm is confiscated, the officer must immediately provide a property receipt, which shall include the pertinent information" - http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/07/22...f-information/
    This, but send me a PM if you want a name to put on paper.

I suggest you OC like all the other cool kids.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you all for this information! I apologize for the delay, but I am appreciative nonetheless!

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you for the offer. I can't really open carry in the middle of downtown Philadelphia without attracting unwanted attention. I rather not have anyone know I am carrying. Plus, most of my friends are really anti-gun and that would just make them uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by MissFrijole View Post
    Thank you for the offer. I can't really open carry in the middle of downtown Philadelphia without attracting unwanted attention. I rather not have anyone know I am carrying. Plus, most of my friends are really anti-gun and that would just make them uncomfortable.
    Get new better friends. Welcome to poofa
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Get new better friends. Welcome to poofa
    What he said. Although I suspect if you start taking hen shooting with you, you well get converts.

Thank you for taking on the responsabilties of a citizen.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001