Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default CZ75B owners - question for you

I wish i had not looked at the CZ75B-stainless 9mm. It seems to have great reviews and is a classic. It feels so smooth and nice to hold. With the weight i would guess it is also nice to shoot recoilwise

My issue is my small female hands had quite a time racking the slide and locking it back - then releasing the slide using the slide lock on my thumb (not letting it slam on its own back)
    I see the slide sits inside the frame so there is less for me to grip on the slide but wondered if in time does this slide get easier to work? Does it loosen up at all???

I really want to make this firearm work and one side of my brain says get it !! but my other side (the realistic side) says its not for me as i can't run it effortlessly.

Maybe I can just get it and admire it (-:

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CZ75B owners - question for you

Do you use the technique where you pull back on the slide while simultaneously pushing forward with the hand that's holding onto the grip?

That's something that often helps those who struggle to simply hold the gun in place and just pull back on the slide.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Yes i tried a few ways - it must have very tight springs and maybe its smoothness didn't help me get a good hold on it. I was surprised it was that difficult for a large gun as i find some small ones hard like the Kimber Solo but most large ones aren't such a challenge. My concern was the grip being too large - but it felt fine to me.

My husband was having a little trouble also but not to the extent that i was.

(Northampton County)

I have small hands as well and i own and shoot 19 CZ 75's and cz clones. They are my favorite pistols. On most of mine I use the thin flat grips from Cajun Gun Works and the CZ Custom shop. That reduces the grip size quite a bit. I don't baby mine one bit I run them hard ,slam home and have more than 40,000 rounds thru the group. They are just great shooters. My suggestion is to find someone local to you who has a CZ with the thin grips near you so you can see if that's an option. If not not you can always do a road trip out to my end of the state and we can go to range and shoot some of mine. Beware most of my are custom pistols with upgraded triggers and the like ,you will want to buy one after shooting them.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I wish i had not looked at the CZ75B-stainless 9mm. It seems to have great reviews and is a classic. It feels so smooth and nice to hold. With the weight i would guess it is also nice to shoot recoilwise

My issue is my small female hands had quite a time racking the slide and locking it back - then releasing the slide using the slide lock on my thumb (not letting it slam on its own back)
    I see the slide sits inside the frame so there is less for me to grip on the slide but wondered if in time does this slide get easier to work? Does it loosen up at all???

I really want to make this firearm work and one side of my brain says get it !! but my other side (the realistic side) says its not for me as i can't run it effortlessly.

Maybe I can just get it and admire it (-:
    Check out the EAA Pavona. Its a CZ 75 "clone" its specifically made for people with less hand strength and females in particular with some of their colors(they have multiple color schemes). Its reviewed VERY well and is $350 or less. in particular they have tuned the springs to make the slide easy to work and the grips fit smaller hands great.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...40S%26W+3.6%22

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...2B1+9mm+3.6%22

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...2B1+9mm+3.6%22

some info on the gun and reviews:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/26/gu...380-9mm-40-sw/

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/eaa...un-made-women/

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/...ess-pavona-9mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPrfdztF2A

(Montgomery County)

There is a very easy technique for any DA/DA pistol, but you have to be aware of what you are doing. Simply cock the hammer and then pull back on the slide. When you pull back on an "uncocked" pistol of this type, you have to overcome not only the recoil spring, but also the hammer spring. Since these are almost at 90 degrees to another depending upon the geometry of the pistol (butt angle to barrel), you are attempting to overcome two quite different forces. Think about it in analytical geometry terms or applied mathematics and the resultant of forces. I have medium-sized hands and have never had a problem with any CZ (75, 75C or 85). I have taught this technique to quite a few women and they can then enjoy the pistol they want to use. Dave_n

(Susquehanna County)

I suggest instead of trying to "rack the slide" you simple hold it firmly with your "weak hand" and push the grip forward with your strong hand. You can also ease the strength required to rack the slide by thumb cocking the hammer before racking the slide. Just be careful to keep fingers away from the trigger! You might also find that the magazine release is beyond the reach of your strong-hand thumb so you must manipulate both slide release and magazine release with your weak hand. You also want to make sure that you can reach the trigger with your index finger when the trigger is set for double action.

The 75B is a great gun and because of my bear-like paw (wide palm and short fingers) I find the same problems so I use a single action version.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for all the info everyone !
    I dropped the mag and found it a little easier to rack but had no idea about cocking the hammer first. I tend to slightly twist my hand around slightly to the left to reach some slide releases Glocks are pretty good but my shield is another bear to get that slide lock on without a mag (some classes require that)

Guess I need to go back to that store and try that.
    Helping teach an NRA women on target tomorrow. You never know if someone might be sporting a cz! Some ladies bring their own pistols.
    I haven't given up on that cz yet !!

(Lancaster County)

Finding what works for you can take some time. If the pistol is new, put a few hundred rounds through it and it will loosen up. CZ's are tight when new. My 85 that has thousands of rounds through it will rack VERY easily. Make sure you've got a little oil or light grease on the rails and barrel lug as well. That helps them glide a little better. There are some super tips already posted on this thread, so I don't need to mention those again. Keep your CZ. You'll find it to be accurate, reliable, and a pleasure to shoot. I would also recommend the flatter grips. If you can't afford those, get a pair of the rubber factory grips from CZ. Even though they are the same contour and size of the plastic grips, they feel much nicer when shooting.

(Dauphin County)

CZ75B is an awesome gun. Not sure if this is an option for you, but if there's a qualified gunsmith in your area, take the gun to them and explain your situation. It's amazing what they can do. I've had a few of my guns worked on and when they come back it's like a brand new gun. Also, shooting it will definitely loosen it up over time.

What I don't like about the gun is the lack of a decocking device. Putting that thing in DA mode can be a serious safety hazard.
    Last edited by BallisticSheepDog76; October 3rd, 2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast