Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Collegeville, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    47363

    Wink Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    You don't commute daily to NYC do you that'd be crazy?...well not as crazy as living ANYWHERE in NY haha

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Welcome ! PAFOA is by far the best site to find information,make friends,talk about any firearms issues and good reports.We all love to see PICs that go along with postings.Also a transplant from Loooong Island over 16 years now ! and always on the lookout for acreage in wayne county ! MDT

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sterling, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Posts
    5,104
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Welcome Bluto, wifes name isn't Olive is it? I'm 32 miles south of Honesdale, come visit our gun shops.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Honesdale, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    1539275

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
    Thanks again, everyone. Do any of you hunt or shoot at the range at SGL 159?
    yup I shoot at SGL 159. I actually also work in NYC, but have a home in Berlin Township, just east of Honesdale. SGL 159 is pretty good, there's also a brand new indoor range by my house called 911 tacticle. Many people just shoot on their property with a good backstop of course. Welcome to Wayne county, I been here for just over a year and love it. Have you ever thought about applying for a LTCF? I want to...but like you I work in NYC and according to the Wayne County sheriff's office website it says you must be a FULL TIME Wayne county resident. I guess we would be considered part time?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    4,176
    Rep Power
    20551262

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Welcome my friend. You made a good choice moving here.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lebanon Township, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    1535349

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! To answer your questions/comments...

    Quote Originally Posted by philliesfan4884
    You don't commute daily to NYC do you that'd be crazy?...well not as crazy as living ANYWHERE in NY haha
    Hell no, but I know someone up the road who commuted between northern Wayne County and NYC every day for about six years. It's too many miles and too many hours on the road to make the drive every day, especially on nights like tonight where I have to work overtime, so I crash at my parents' place in Queens where I grew up a couple of nights a week.

    Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO
    Welcome ! PAFOA is by far the best site to find information,make friends,talk about any firearms issues and good reports.We all love to see PICs that go along with postings.Also a transplant from Loooong Island over 16 years now ! and always on the lookout for acreage in wayne county ! MDT
    Thanks! Where on Strong Island were you from originally? I've had and still have a number of friends from out east. I'll see what I can do about posting some pics of my ugly mug as well as some gun pr0n sometime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy
    Welcome Bluto, wifes name isn't Olive is it? I'm 32 miles south of Honesdale, come visit our gun shops.
    Thanks. No, I don't have a wife named Olive, hehe. What are your shops called? I'd be glad to check them out sometime, as I was bitten by the collecting bug a long time ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will3212
    yup I shoot at SGL 159. I actually also work in NYC, but have a home in Berlin Township, just east of Honesdale. SGL 159 is pretty good, there's also a brand new indoor range by my house called 911 tacticle. Many people just shoot on their property with a good backstop of course. Welcome to Wayne county, I been here for just over a year and love it. Have you ever thought about applying for a LTCF? I want to...but like you I work in NYC and according to the Wayne County sheriff's office website it says you must be a FULL TIME Wayne county resident. I guess we would be considered part time?
    Thanks to you too. I actually looked at a few houses in your area before I made an offer on my place; I ended up in farm country north of Honesdale. I've been shooting at SGL 159 for a few years, as a buddy of mine--the same friend who introduced me to the area--lives about the same distance from there as I do and we've done a number of trips there in the past six years. I've been to the new indoor range, 3B's, and not only do the guys who own 911 Tactical own it, but I believe the owner of Pennsyltucky Grill is a partner there as well as a membership at the range gets you a discount at the restaurant as well. My girlfriend and I took advantage of their membership special the first week they opened. As for the LTCF, I got mine less than a month ago. Shortly after I bought my house last December, I made my PA address my official residence and got a PA driver's license, and I make a concerted effort to be there enough that it's my primary residence. I don't think the Sheriff was concerned at all that I work in NYC, as he issued my approval in about 10 days. I consider myself an official PA resident and a part time guest in NY for work and the few nights I crash at my parents' place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99
    Welcome my friend. You made a good choice moving here.
    Thanks. Every time I pull into my driveway and take in the view on my property, I think the exact same thing.

    Would anyone like to meet up for a bite to eat or even a range trip sometime in the not too distant future? I'm still trying to meet new people in the area. Hit me back anytime.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    4,176
    Rep Power
    20551262

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    My mistake was moving from NY but not getting any land, however, I did get my share of guns!!

    Once the kids are out I am thinking of a smaller house on some land, land that does not need a lot of maintenance if that is possible. Basically woods.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lebanon Township, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    38
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    1535349

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    My mistake was moving from NY but not getting any land, however, I did get my share of guns!!

    Once the kids are out I am thinking of a smaller house on some land, land that does not need a lot of maintenance if that is possible. Basically woods.
    I ended up with less land than I originally wanted, but I have enough to bow hunt on, and my property taxes aren't bad. If my neighbor with a bunch of land ever decides to parcel up and sell some, I'll do my best to snatch up as much as I can afford that borders my own.

    I had a collection of guns when I moved to PA, and my collection started growing again after I established my residence. The damn things multiply like rabbits!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.E., Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Posts
    1,037
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Welcome to PA.. to bad we have NY, NJ and MD as Anti-gun neighbors

    If you reside in Wayne County (Primary residence) and only commute to NYC for work, well that would make you a PA resident..
    Do you have a NY or PA Driver's license?
    What address do you use when filing your taxes?
    PA (as are most states) has draconian fines if you have lived in PA as a primary residence for over 90 days and you are still running a drivers license from your old state of residence.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    4,176
    Rep Power
    20551262

    Default Re: New Guy in Wayne County

    Yeah, I had no guns so made sure to take care of that ha ha.

    I used to go as a child to Narrowsburg (in PA actually with a Narrowsburg NY address) where a family friend from Maspeth had a house, still do, gorgeous up there!
    Last edited by Gunowner99; November 24th, 2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wayne County Sheriff Is Pro Second
    By vanderjack in forum Wayne
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: October 14th, 2017, 05:22 PM
  2. O/Ced Monroe County and Wayne & Pike !
    By MARINE DIVISION TWO in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 10th, 2014, 07:57 PM
  3. Wayne County Fair
    By DiveGerry in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2011, 02:25 AM
  4. Wayne County NFA
    By GreatBarren in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
  5. Wayne county sheriff dies
    By headcase in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2009, 07:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops