Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CMP 1911s

(Elk County)

Default Re: CMP 1911s

Getcha one or two of them new-in-the-crate M38A1 Jeeps while you're at it.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Thumbs down Re: CMP 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Seriously. Now the CMP is smart enough to put any nice pieces on their auction site where they will command big bucks. That said, I have bought and later sold a lot of stuff from CMP - Garands, M1 carbines, ammo, bayonets, magazines - and not once did I lose money when I resold them. Not one single time. Why would someone pay me a premium for ammo for example when they could buy it themselves cheaper? Not sure. Maybe they never heard of CMP, don't belong to an affiliated club, want it "now", whatever. Don't know, don't care. If history is any indicator, anyone who buys one of these 1911s will be able to turn a profit either immediately or certainly in the future should they decide to sell. With all that in mind, I'm happy to hear everyone who thinks these "shot out" junkers won't be worth their time. More for me!

Well , if I'm not mistaken , the CMP terms of sale expressly says the items they sell to qualified members are NOT for you to resell for profit.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Well , if I'm not mistaken , the CMP terms of sale expressly says the items they sell to qualified members are NOT for you to resell for profit.
    With all due respect, you are mistaken. The topic has been covered quite often at the CMP Forum and the CMP's COO specifically said that once an item is bought from them, they have no interest in or control over what happens to it; i.e., they don't care. Further, as a C&R am I allowed to sell items as I see fit if it's for the purpose of building/improving my collection. So as long as I'm not running a business, profit is irrelevant. Of course mags/bayonets/ammo/etc. aren't covered by the 03 FFL anyway.

(Susquehanna County)

Thinking about it a bit, I cannot think one good reason to buy one! At least not a "rack grade" M1911/M1911A1. Now if someone comes up with the chopped and channeled "General Officer's Model" or a Rock Island Arsenal built National Match grade hardball gun like the one I was issued by my ARCOM Pistol Team, I'd consider it!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    With all due respect, you are mistaken. The topic has been covered quite often at the CMP Forum and the CMP's COO specifically said that once an item is bought from them, they have no interest in or control over what happens to it; i.e., they don't care. Further, as a C&R am I allowed to sell items as I see fit if it's for the purpose of building/improving my collection. So as long as I'm not running a business, profit is irrelevant. Of course mags/bayonets/ammo/etc. aren't covered by the 03 FFL anyway.
    Well the CMP did clamp down on the gun show sellers buying up CMP Garands to flog for a profit by putting in place a limit you could buy in a calendar year.

Certainly the CMP can't tell people what to do with stuff once it's bought but the purpose of the original DCM and now CMP is for the advancement of civilian marksmanship. It's not in existence as a wholesaler to top up the retirement accounts of fat old guys to sit around and flog the boatload of CMP stuff they harvested off of the backs of the US taxpayer at a big profit at gun shows.

I would imagine if the 1911 pistols ever are available for sale, the CMP will have a limit in place so the system isn't abused and people actually have a chance of getting one, all of which by the way are all US taxpayer property at this point in time.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

When I bought my DCM Garand there was a stipulation that I could not dispose of it.

(Chester County)

A little after the sale gets going on these 1911A1's if they do sell them you'll see them being flipped on gunbroker shortly afterwards for double what was originally paid for them with descriptions like "Carried by Audie Murphy's cousin's sister's husband's nephew who was a deep cover OSS operator behind enemy lines". Flippers are in every hobby. You've seen nothing until you see Schwinn Stingray flippers.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Well the CMP did clamp down on the gun show sellers buying up CMP Garands to flog for a profit by putting in place a limit you could buy in a calendar year.

Certainly the CMP can't tell people what to do with stuff once it's bought but the purpose of the original DCM and now CMP is for the advancement of civilian marksmanship. It's not in existence as a wholesaler to top up the retirement accounts of fat old guys to sit around and flog the boatload of CMP stuff they harvested off of the backs of the US taxpayer at a big profit at gun shows.

I would imagine if the 1911 pistols ever are available for sale, the CMP will have a limit in place so the system isn't abused and people actually have a chance of getting one, all of which by the way are all US taxpayer property at this point in time.
    AMEN Brutha! MY CMP papers said not for re-sale. Times have changed I guess.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    A little after the sale gets going on these 1911A1's if they do sell them you'll see them being flipped on gunbroker shortly afterwards for double what was originally paid for them with descriptions like "Carried by Audie Murphy's cousin's sister's husband's nephew who was a deep cover OSS operator behind enemy lines". Flippers are in every hobby. You've seen nothing until you see Schwinn Stingray flippers.
    Absolutely true. Fuck CMP flippers. With a roll of Dick's sporting goods bags.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Erie County)

These are gonna be sold.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...g-day-miracle/

BREAKING NEWS: It Is Now Law, The CMP Will Sell 1911s To The Public – A Thanksgiving Day Miracle - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ng-day-miracle
    #1911'smatter

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast