Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Bring Back Politcal Wasteland

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That was my suggestion too back when Jaybell wanted the PW to go.

I've always felt that the private area should be un-moderated(except stuff that violates the law) - and was a great place to send the PW.

However, if the PW were to go public again, which is solely up to Dan, violators should face a firm smackdown. That section of PAFOA made us look like a bunch of buffoons. What political talk that is in the Lounge today is fairly calm, except those extreme discussions now and then.
    There's no need for drama. Firm smackdowns LOL, listen to yourself. Treat it the same as The Lounge. Just move that garbage out of The Lounge to the Political Wasteland so The Lounge is a nicer place.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    No more VHS tapes
    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Not meet his obligations as a seller on Gunbroker?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Took me a second but...Fantastic! Somebody rep this old man for me please.
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    WWNIPD?
    I owe you one stainless.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    The lounge is a mess because the rules of no firearm related politics being discussed has not been enforced almost since the political wasteland was removed. A vacuum for specific discussion was created, which led to another exodus, and the birth of a different site.

I realize knee jerk administrative rules with no oversight is rare on PAFOA over the years.
    What exodus?

The posting frequency on this site is horrible considering it's a firearm site.
    Look at the Firearms section, only one to three threads get replies daily, right now there are subforums without a single reply in three days.

I stop in to see if I can add anything to the threads, the threads which have become pretty scarce as of late.

My brother was a pretty active poster here for many years, he is still a member but now only occasionally uses the classifieds, he has moved on to other sites with more traffic.
    He is getting old and grumpy and has a problem with one of the mods and their "childish posting style" as he calls it so he moved on.

Many gun owners are political, by not having an outlet for political discussion here, I see the further decline of PAFOA in the future as people move to other places where political speech is allowed.
    Having a private, password protected political forum would allow PAFOA to not been seen as filled with rubes and hillbillies by the general public since that seems to have been mentioned as a reason for it's removal.
    Many forums that are thriving have political forums, they allow them to run pretty much unmoderated, the posters are advised if they don't have a thick skin then they probably need to stay out of the conversations.
    Only severe abuses, like threats or bringing someones family into the arguments/conversations get moderation.
    One I frequent gives infractions for people reporting posts where they get butthurt, if the post does not contain a threat or something unlawful, the reporting person gets the time out.
    This seems to keep the sissy marys in check.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    What exodus?

The posting frequency on this site is horrible considering it's a firearm site.
    Look at the Firearms section, only one to three threads get replies daily, right now there are subforums without a single reply in three days.

I stop in to see if I can add anything to the threads, the threads which have become pretty scarce as of late.
    I'd like to see the Firearms section better emphasized. If you look at the main index page you have no idea there are subforums such as ammunition and reloading. I'd prefer to see those sections get more prominent placement and other sections minimized.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I'd like to see the Firearms section better emphasized. If you look at the main index page you have no idea there are subforums such as ammunition and reloading. I'd prefer to see those sections get more prominent placement and other sections minimized.
    Yeah, it's kinda funny that a site with Firearm Owners in the name has it's firearm section buried.

(Allegheny County)

C'mon guys. A simple name change is all that is needed if you wanna keep the discussions tied to the name.

"Pennsylvania Black/Gay/Muslim/Cop/Christian Hater Association" has a nice ring to it, I think.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

"Pennsylvania Black/Gay/Muslim/Cop/Christian Hater Association" has a nice ring to it, I think.
    Would that be a Forum or a Subforum??? Thank You.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456