Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9MM ammo review

(Lehigh County)

Default 9MM ammo review

FWIW I bought 5 boxes of Remington 9MM 115gr ammo at Dicks and today I took them out for a test drive in my Glock. I didn't have any problems with the 2 boxs I shot. They fed fine but I thought that they where a little dirty. I think that I will buy them again since I'm just putting holes in cardboard. My wife said that she will pick-up a rain check for two cases at Dicks in Whitehall. The sales man told my wife that there is NO limit. Anyone else try the Rem's? What is your opinion? What dose MC mean-115gr MC? Jay

(Bucks County)

Default Rem ammo...

Hey dsljay.
    I noticed how dirty the Remington ammo was last week as we shot a couple of boxes at the range. We had to sandblast to get the guns cleaned. It's cheap and good enough for putting holes in cardboard as you said...don't know what the MC means...anyone else know??? Mike45

(Bucks County)

What was the price?

(Bucks County)

Price was something like $5.48 per box and if you buy a case it is a few cents cheaper.
    Watch the Sunday Dick's circular and you will notice every 2 or 3 weeks Dick's puts it on sale, the 9mm, .40S&W and .45APC...Mike45

(Lehigh County)

Default second thoughts

I cleaned my gun tonight. It's really dirty. I mean really, really dirty. Maybe I better stick with CCI blazer.????? Well I'll shoot the other 3 boxs and see how dirty the gun looks. Also, I noticed that the Rem is just a hair shorter then the CCI.????? Have a good night, Jay

(Montgomery County)

I was having a problem with Jamming with the Winchesters that I was using. I got two box's of Remington UMC 9mm L9MM3. They work great. They don't seem any dirtier but I have been shooting for only about two years. Heck I am not really sure I am cleaning the gun right.

If I have to work more cleaning it is worth it to be able to count on the gun working when it is needed.

I'm not sure how well this applies, since I shoot .45 ACP, but I noticed the exact same thing yesterday. I went to the range and shot 200 winchester FMJ bullets and they were VERY dirty. I could see so much white residue on the gun from the powder, and when I came home and cleaned it, it was really dirty also. I've also been shooting some of the CCI blazer ammo in the same quantities and haven't had all the extra powder, and they're actually slightly cheaper, and you can buy them in 50's. I probably will be sticking with the CCI myself, but just wanted to comment that I noticed the same thing happening with the winchester ammunition.

(Lehigh County)

I too have found that Winchester white box (Walmart specials) are very dirty. Jay

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dsljay
    I too have found that Winchester white box (Walmart specials) are very dirty. Jay
    They are the ones I had been useing.

(Bucks County)

Default Clean 9mm WWB

My brother and I shot 200 rounds of WWB 9mm value pack Sunday and they were very clean. When we cleaned the guns later that day, I was suprised at how little residue there was. Go figure...
    Also, if you shoot the WWB .45 ammo value pack, that is packed in layers inside the box, sometimes the glue that seals the box gets on the bullets and will cause feeding problems...Mike45

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast