Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: License Types

(Bucks County)

Default License Types

Junior Licenses (resident and nonresident hunting, furtaker and combination):

Eleven-year-olds may apply for a junior license if they will reach age 12 by June 30 of the current license year and have successfully completed the required Hunter-Trapper Education Course. The actual hunting privileges granted to the junior license holder may not be exercised until he or she reaches age 12. The parent or guardian must sign the application/back tag copy.

Senior Licenses (resident hunting, furtaker, lifetime hunting, combination and furtaker):

These licenses are available to qualified applicants age 65 or older. 64-year-olds may apply for a senior license if they will reach age 65 by June 30 of the current license year.

Combination Licenses (resident junior, nonresident junior and resident senior lifetime):

Combination licenses grant hunting, furtaker, archery and muzzleloader privileges. Additional stamps are not needed to cover these privileges. Resident senior lifetime combination licenses are available on-line and through only Game Commission Offices. Combination licenses do not include bear, migratory game bird or antlerless deer license privileges.

Resident Senior Lifetime Licenses (hunting, combination and furtaker):

These licenses are available to qualified applicants age 65 or older. 64-year-olds may apply for a senior license if they will reach age 65 by June 30 of the current license year. Individuals who currently hold either a senior lifetime hunting or senior lifetime furtaker license may upgrade to a combination license for $51.00. Resident senior lifetime licenses and upgrades are available on-line and through only Game Commission Offices. To request an application, contact the License Division at (717) 787-2084

Resident Landowner Hunting Licenses:

These licenses are issued to qualified resident owners or possessors of land, comprising 80 or more contiguous acres, that are enrolled in a Game Commission cooperative public access program. Licenses are available on-line and through only Game Commission Offices.

7-Day Nonresident Small Game Licenses:

Valid for seven consecutive days including Sundays. License is not valid for turkey. Nonresidents may purchase this license to hunt waterfowl in Pennsylvania as long as they also possess a Pennsylvania migratory game bird license and a federal duck stamp.

Resident Military Personnel Hunting Licenses:

These reduced-fee general hunting licenses are available to qualified residents on active and full-time in the U.S. Armed Forces. To qualify, applicants must be currently assigned to a facility outside of this Commonwealth but on temporary leave here. Applicants must provide documentation of military status, leave and residency.

PA National Guard Hunting Licenses:

These reduced-fee general hunting licenses are available to qualified residents that, within the previous 24 months, were deployed overseas for a period of 180 consecutive days or more or were released early from such service because of an injury or disease incurred in the line of duty. Only one reduced-fee license may be issued for each qualifying deployment. Applicants must provide a valid military ID card, individual or unit orders showing the return date from oversees and proof of residency/home of record.
    Reserves (Armed Forces) Hunting Licenses:

These reduced-fee general hunting licenses are available to qualified residents that, within the previous 24 months, were deployed overseas for a period of 180 consecutive days or more or were released early from such service because of an injury or disease incurred in the line of duty. Only one reduced-fee license may be issued for each qualifying deployment. Applicants must provide a valid military ID card, individual or unit orders showing the return date from oversees and proof of residency/home of record.

Prisoner of War Hunting Licenses:

These reduced-fee general hunting licenses are available to qualified residents that were imprisoned by enemy forces while in the service of the armed forces of the United States as certified by the appropriate branch of the armed forces of the United States. Applicants must provide a copy of their orders showing the award of the Prisoner of War Medal or a DD 214 stating prisoner of war status, and proof of residency.

Free Resident Disabled Veteran Licenses (hunting, furtaker and lifetime):

These licenses are available to qualified resident applicants who are disabled veterans. Applicant’s disability must consist of the loss of one or more limbs, or the loss of use of one or more limbs or the applicant must present a certification from the Veterans Administration indicating total disability. The disability must be service connected and the applicant must be a veteran of any war or armed conflict. Discharge papers may also be required. To be eligible for a resident disabled veteran lifetime license, the qualified veteran must meet one of the criteria shown above and, if qualifying under loss of use of one or more limbs or certification from the Veterans Administration indicating total disability, present documentation that the condition/s is permanent. Free disabled veteran licenses are available through your County Treasurer's office.

Archery Licenses (resident and nonresident):

These licenses are issued in addition to a general license to qualified applicants who desire to hunt during the archery deer seasons.

Muzzleloader Licenses (resident and nonresident):

These licenses are issued in addition to a general license to qualified applicants who desire to hunt during the muzzleloader deer seasons. In addition, hunters using crossbows during the early muzzleloader season or late flintlock season need to have a muzzleloader license.

Antlerless Deer Licenses (resident and nonresident, landowner, resident armed forces and resident disabled veteran):

These Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) specific licenses are issued in addition to a general hunting license to qualified applicants. An application with instructions is included with each general hunting license.

Landowner antlerless deer licenses are available to qualified applicants, both residents and nonresidents, who own 50 or more contiguous acres of land within the county of application. Land must remain open to public hunting and trapping the entire license year (July 1 to June 30). Licenses must be applied for and issued prior to their availability to the general public. Applicant must supply proof of ownership and apply directly to the County Treasurer of the county where the land is located.

Armed forces antlerless deer licenses are available to qualified resident applicants who are full-time active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces or U.S. Coast Guard (Reserves are not eligible). Applicants must produce proof of active duty status and documentation that their home of record is Pennsylvania.

Disabled veteran antlerless deer licenses are available to qualified resident applicants who are disabled war veterans. Applicant’s disability must consist of the loss of one or more limbs, or the loss of use of one or more limbs or the applicant must present a certification from the Veterans Administration indicating total disability. The disability must be service connected and the applicant must be a veteran of any war or armed conflict. Discharge papers may also be required.

Migratory Game Bird Licenses (resident and nonresident):

These licenses are issued in addition to a general hunting license to qualified applicants. Applicant must complete a migratory game bird harvest information program (HIP) survey card before license is issued. License need not be displayed, but must be carried while hunting migratory game birds.

Bear Licenses (resident and nonresident):

These licenses are issued in addition to a general hunting license to qualified applicants who desire to hunt during the bear season. Bear licenses must be issued prior to the opening hour of the regular firearms deer season, which begins November 28 this year.

Special Wild Turkey Licenses for 2006 Spring Gobbler Season (resident and nonresident):

This license provides the holder with a second spring turkey tag and harvest report card in addition to the one included with a general hunting license. The application period begins January 1, 2006.

Replacement Licenses:

Applicants should return to the agent who issued the original license. (Antlerless deer licenses are replaced by only County Treasurers.) Original license numbers are required before a replacement license can be issued.

Source: PA Gamming Commission

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: License Types

anyone know the cost or a pa muzzle loader stamp already have archery stamp and normal resident buck license.
    Andrew S. DeCecco

(Allegheny County)

$11.00 and must be purchased by Jan 26.

(Westmoreland County)

I agree--the book is a total headache. Question I have sent for my doe permit in 2B--- I want to send in for one for 2D. When can I do this and does it have to be done by mail or can I go to the courthouse in Greensburg?

(Allegheny County)

You must mail it in. You should have a yellow envelope to do that. It can be received by the Game Commission on 8/25. You can also apply for a second unsold anterless license on 9/8. Only in 2B, 5C and 5D can you purchase one at the treasurer's office and then only after 9/8. Here is the link to the PGC's anterless update page. There are links there that will help you out.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/b...7&bc=0&c=70122
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

Can You Hunt small game Right now with a shotgun or rifle. right now being archery season..
    If you aint dippin, You aint livin

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_PLaneT View Post
    Can You Hunt small game Right now with a shotgun or rifle. right now being archery season..
    Early season Squirrel and Grouse open October 18th and run until November 29th
    Early season Rabbit and Pheasant open October 25th and run until November 29th

They do overlap with Archery
    The Lord Bless You

(Monroe County)

Hello everyone, Need some help here. I just moved here from Colorado and I love to hunt. This common wealth deal has my head spinning. I am on active duty assigned to tobyhanna army depot. I want to hunt elk and turkey. I don't know where to hunt get the proper license. I want to apply for my CCP but that is another discussion. If someone wants to lead me out one day give me a yell.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Hello everyone, Need some help here. I just moved here from Colorado and I love to hunt. This common wealth deal has my head spinning. I am on active duty assigned to tobyhanna army depot. I want to hunt elk and turkey. I don't know where to hunt get the proper license. I want to apply for my CCP but that is another discussion. If someone wants to lead me out one day give me a yell.
    Go to Walmart, Dicks, or Gander Mountain and buy an adult hunting license for $20.70. That will give you hunting privileges (and State Game Land shooting range privileges). You can hunt 1 antlered deer, a spring gobbler, a fall turkey and small game. It's valid from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013. You can buy a second sping gobbler tag.

While you buy that, you can pay another $10.70 for a elk lottery tag, or preference point only. The PGC pulls around 50-60 bull & cow elk tags from about 19,000 hunters that enter the lottery.

(Huntingdon County)

Cool, I just needed in this format. Now I can print it in the office so that they don’t ask me a million times.