Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Huntingdon County)

Default Re: New regs for State Forest...

Quote Originally Posted by waiting2burn View Post
    depends on if you are propelling a poop or just letting it ease on out and if your turd is a scary enough to be considered a projectile.
    What if it's one of those days you can shit through a screen door?
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by waiting2burn View Post
    depends on if you are propelling a poop or just letting it ease on out and if your turd is a scary enough to be considered a projectile.

Like this?

(Huntingdon County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

Like this?
    Yea I think they would get you for that
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger P229 View Post
    Here is a link to the Park Regs regarding firearms:
    http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/01...1/s11.215.html
    The key is subsection 4 regarding "uncased". The bureau of parks sees OC as an uncased device. To be clear, I'm not saying I agree with that, or defending it, just clarifying.

Dog training is fine in any area open to hunting from the day after Labor Day to March 31st. If you have other questions about the rules and regs for the bureau of parks PM me.
    That's not the reason. The regulation you site (017 Pa Code 11.215(4)) remains unchanged on the books and still prohibits CC and OC in state parks. The only difference is that a state statute has partially tolled that regulation:

18 Pa CS § 6109. Licenses.

(a) Purpose of license.--A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth.

(m.2) Inconsistent provisions.--Notwithstanding the provisions of section 7506 (relating to violation of rules regarding conduct on Commonwealth property), 75 Pa.C.S. § 7727 (relating to additional limitations on operation) or the act of June 28, 1995 (P.L.89, No.18), known as the Conservation and Natural Resources Act, and regulations promulgated under that act, a firearm may be carried as provided in subsection (a) by:

(1) a law enforcement officer whose current identification as a law enforcement officer shall be construed as a valid license to carry a firearm; or

(2) any licensee.
    Thus DCNR could not enforce the regulation when CCing or in a vehicle - OC, being unmentioned, fell to the full weight of the regulation.

With the passage of Act 2011-10 (aka HB40) a new section arguably eviscerates the park regulation in toto for all types of firearms and carry methods - though the DCNR disagrees:

(m.3) Construction.--Nothing in this section shall be construed to:

(1) Permit the hunting or harvesting of any wildlife with a firearm or ammunition not otherwise permitted by 34 Pa.C.S. (relating to game).

(2) Authorize any Commonwealth agency to regulate the possession of firearms in any manner inconsistent with the provisions of this title.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    With the passage of Act 2011-10 (aka HB40) a new section arguably eviscerates the park regulation in toto for all types of firearms and carry methods - though the DCNR disagrees:
    m.3) Construction.--Nothing in this section shall be construed to ... Authorize any Commonwealth agency to regulate the possession of firearms in any manner inconsistent with the provisions of this title.
    Have they said under what they disagree? To me that language is amazingly clear.

No matter the case it sounds like the DCNR needs to eat a bag of conveyances.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    How do you use a firearm without discharging or propelling a projectile?

Legal in State Parks:

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenjohn88 View Post
    Have they said under what they disagree? To me that language is amazingly clear.

No matter the case it sounds like the DCNR needs to eat a bag of conveyances.
    A good thread to read: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=178959

Things may have changed a bit since then, considering the 2014 PaAG opinion (OAG Opinion 2014-PA Gaming Control Board (1).pdf), but the DCNR is not being proactive in modifying their OC policy. It will take a direct AG opinion specific to them, direct pressures from legislative offices or judicial action to make them relent to allow OC.
    Last edited by tl_3237; September 25th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Rules should be written in a language people can understand, but then what would we do with all the lawyers?
    I can hear the Judge say,Ignorance of the Law is no excuse ! But Your Honor I cant even understand the freaking way they try to explain the statutes ! I guess I am F-- -- Ked Your Honor ! JMO/MDT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12