Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default About three sig pistols

I hope my learning curve spread over three Sig handguns can help some of the new folks out there. This Glockman is soon to be 70 years old and I have met and shot a lot of pistols in that time. Since 1963 I have taught many hundreds of men women and children to shot rifles, pistols and shotguns. Yes I had the several 1911 pistols including a Goldcup. But when I got a carry Permit I switched to a very early Sig 220. Back then it was imported as the Browning BDA. 10 ozs. lighter, one extra round and no need to carry cocked and locked because it was a DA/SA system. Very accurate and totally reliable. Once I found the Glock 19 that became my new carry gun. Many of my students live in NJ a state with no carry permits. They wanted a "house gun". Years ago I told them to buy a 4 or 6 inch revolver. Well times change. For less money they can now get a polymer framed 9mm that holds 16 rounds. (legal maximum in NJ) The sig 250 compact is perfect for this job. Only one trigger system which is a long smooth 5.5 pounds. This the 9mm modular system that the army should adopt. A perfect gun for the slightly trained. Sig number three is the newer sig 320. This trigger will take your breath away. It is so short and light that you will shoot great groups or blow them away at any IDPA match. BUT this is NOT the gun for the semi-trained shooter. Any handgun with two different trigger pulls is an old obsolete and dangerous idea. Any hand gun with a trigger under 5 pounds is for experts and match shooters. Most regular folks will be best served by a high capacity 9mm with a 5 or 6 pound trigger. The Glock 19 and the Sig 250 or similar
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: About three sig pistols

I appreciate your opinion and experience. But as per SIG the P320 ( striker fired like a Glock ) indicates that the trigger pull is between 5.5 ~ 6.5 lbs. I do agree that lighter trigger mods. are a bad idea for the average Joe who plans on carrying it for defense. For home defense I am more partial to a shotgun, but like your post it's purely an opinion. Your mileage may vary. Respectfully, John
    Last edited by GotDogs1; September 21st, 2015 at 07:19 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

The 250 was a turd imo. It would be fitting for the army to use it though. The p320 I do have a soft spot for

I hope my learning curve spread over three Sig handguns can help some of the new folks out there.

This Glockman is soon to be 70 years old and I have met and shot a lot of pistols in that time. Since 1963 I have taught many hundreds of men women and children to shot rifles, pistols and shotguns. Yes I had the several 1911 pistols including a Goldcup.

But when I got a carry Permit I switched to a very early Sig 220. Back then it was imported as the Browning BDA. 10 ozs. lighter, one extra round and no need to carry cocked and locked because it was a DA/SA system. Very accurate and totally reliable. Once I found the Glock 19 that became my new carry gun.

Many of my students live in NJ a state with no carry permits. They wanted a "house gun". Years ago I told them to buy a 4 or 6 inch revolver. Well times change. For less money they can now get a polymer framed 9mm that holds 16 rounds. (legal maximum in NJ) The sig 250 compact is perfect for this job. Only one trigger system which is a long smooth 5.5 pounds. This the 9mm modular system that the army should adopt. A perfect gun for the slightly trained.

Sig number three is the newer sig 320. This trigger will take your breath away. It is so short and light that you will shoot great groups or blow them away at any IDPA match. BUT this is NOT the gun for the semi-trained shooter. Any handgun with two different trigger pulls is an old obsolete and dangerous idea. Any hand gun with a trigger under 5 pounds is for experts and match shooters. Most regular folks will be best served by a high capacity 9mm with a 5 or 6 pound trigger. The Glock 19 and the Sig 250 or similar

(Northampton County)

Glockman says thankyou to R.A.D. For the edit.
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

I agree with the info on the 250, i bought one, trading a revolver for it. Specifically for the capacity and ease of use for my wife. I have a 250C and have read of the problems in the original A version which were fixed in the new improved pistol. But it is not a pistol for everyone, and there's will always be people who love the pistol and those that hate it. Before i bought my very first pistol i did a lot of research and handled a lot of different pistols, before i chose the pistol that i chose a Ruger semi auto.