Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Off limits places in Philly?

I'm come down to Philly with the family for a little sightseeing in October. What tourist places would be off limits to concealed carry? I assume I'll have to wait on the street while the family visits the Liberty Bell since it NPS property. Any other problem areas? I'm out of state LEO and have a PA LTC.
    thx

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Off limits places in Philly?

Doesn't LEOSA give you a pass pretty much anywhere?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Doesn't LEOSA give you a pass pretty much anywhere?

So much for LEO knowing the law they are sworn to uphold.. and I would've thought that was one he would know, He doesn't know the one, I guess with new yorkers he just makes it up as he goes along
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Dauphin County)

You guys need to behave, just because he is from NY you give him a hard time. There are no special Pennsylvania restrictions for concealed carry in philly. Personally I wouldn't wait outside anywhere the family went.

(Bucks County)

LOL This is a joke? Right?... I hope.
    "The chair is against the wall, John has a long mustasche"

Thanks for the warm welcome. PA gun laws are very different than NY's but I was really asking about places that have metal detectors and security . LEOSA doesn't do anything on Fed land. Don't they have metal detectors at the Liberty Bell and some other NPS property?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by secamp32 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. PA gun laws are very different than NY's but I was really asking about places that have metal detectors and security . LEOSA doesn't do anything on Fed land. Don't they have metal detectors at the Liberty Bell and some other NPS property?
    what do you need gun laws for, I would think simply NO would suffice /S. From what I understand ny highly limits gun ownership

Philly attitude, why do ya think we laugh at our "city of brotherly love".. apologies to the tourist. speaking for myself I'm a little rougher on cops, back when i was coming up they where normal guys, Now they seem to be on a power trip. as I said before life ain't digital

LEOSA doesn't do anything on Fed land.. didn't know that

Last edited by 51158; September 20th, 2015 at 04:25 PM.

(Delaware County)

Sorry for the poor hospitality. As you are aware, LEOSA does not exempt you from the no carry rule in federal buildings include NPS buildings. Otherwise, I expect it's a matter of private property rights. I can't recall metal detectors in the usual tourist spots, but beware, the city is on virtual lockdown for the Pope visit.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Sorry for the poor hospitality. As you are aware, LEOSA does not exempt you from the no carry rule in federal buildings include NPS buildings. Otherwise, I expect it's a matter of private property rights. I can't recall metal detectors in the usual tourist spots, but beware, the city is on virtual lockdown for the Pope visit.
    He mentioned October, he'll be long gone..

Explicitly written into the statute are several areas considered off-limits to those carrying under LEOSA, such as restrictions imposed by private persons or entities on the their property and those imposed on state or local government property, installations, buildings and parks. What is not included in the statute is where problems may arise.

Per 18 U.S.C. § 930(a) an individual is prohibited from possessing or attempting to possess a firearm in a Federal facility, which is broadly defined in the statute to include "a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties".

While the ban on possession in Federal facilities appears to be well understood and recognized by those carrying under LEOSA, the exemptions which allow individuals with a state issued permit to carry concealed firearms in Federal park lands and through GFSZ's are not.

Link

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    He mentioned October, he'll be long gone..

Explicitly written into the statute are several areas considered off-limits to those carrying under LEOSA, such as restrictions imposed by private persons or entities on the their property and those imposed on state or local government property, installations, buildings and parks. What is not included in the statute is where problems may arise.

Per 18 U.S.C. § 930(a) an individual is prohibited from possessing or attempting to possess a firearm in a Federal facility, which is broadly defined in the statute to include "a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties".

While the ban on possession in Federal facilities appears to be well understood and recognized by those carrying under LEOSA, the exemptions which allow individuals with a state issued permit to carry concealed firearms in Federal park lands and through GFSZ's are not.

Link
    Except Pa has preemption laws which (theoretically) negate any local prohibitions, so, except for those areas expressly prohibited by state law, he should be be good to go. As an LEO I'm sure he's good to go anyway most everywhere anyway. As an NYer, OP probably has an over concern about CC even as an LEO which he'll find isn't necessary in PA, even Philly.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast