Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Why can't I find a CZ P02?

Ok, I have a few great plastic pieces for CC.. Now I want a steel gun that I can carry concealed. I've landed on CZ.. The 75b is to large.. I really like the 02 but can't find one anywhere.. HELP

(Centre County)

Default Re: Why can't I find a CZ P02?

Maybe check Gunbroker.com? I don't know if they make the P02 anymore.

Just did some looking, you might want to check out the CZ Compact, it is a steel frame pistol.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; September 19th, 2015 at 06:41 PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

I am not a decocker fan at all, but I carry a 75D PCR. The trigger is nice and light, and it is a great pistol. Don't let the decocker dissuade you.

(Berks County)

The P-02 was imported to the US in very limited numbers. The P-01, which is the decocker model with the more traditional CZ75 trigger system, is pretty easy to find, if that is the platform you are looking for. The P-02 is the P-01 with the Omega Trigger , so it can be switched between manual safety and decocker, if you can find the decocker. Another heads up, the P-01/02 and the PCR are alloy framed, not steel.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Maybe check Gunbroker.com? I don't know if they make the P02 anymore.

Just did some looking, you might want to check out the CZ Compact, it is a steel frame pistol.
    Thanx for the reply, I tried GB and nothing.. If they stopped making the P02, would the compact be the closest replacement?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 09polaris View Post
    Thanx for the reply, I tried GB and nothing.. If they stopped making the P02, would the compact be the closest replacement?

The P-01 would be the closest, followed by the 75D PCR. Both are aluminum framed compacts.

(Luzerne County)

Q: “My buddy’s gun says PCR (or P-01) on the slide, but mine says 75 Compact D. What gives?”

A: The factory has multiple designations for the same model, depending on where it’s intended to be sold in the world. High demand here in the US means we’ll take any overruns from other markets we can get our hands on. They might have different markings on them, but they’re the same gun.

Thanx for the info everyone.. I just saw this on CZ USA website. Guess that explains why I was scratching my head over differences/similarities. Now if I can only find one at my LGS to see how it feels in hand..

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 09polaris View Post
    Q: “My buddy’s gun says PCR (or P-01) on the slide, but mine says 75 Compact D. What gives?”

A: The factory has multiple designations for the same model, depending on where it’s intended to be sold in the world. High demand here in the US means we’ll take any overruns from other markets we can get our hands on. They might have different markings on them, but they’re the same gun.

Thanx for the info everyone.. I just saw this on CZ USA website. Guess that explains why I was scratching my head over differences/similarities. Now if I can only find one at my LGS to see how it feels in hand..
    The good thing is, they pretty much all feel the same in hand, aside from the P-07. It's a little different being polymer, but the CZ ergos are still there. If you want to take a little ride, Trop Guns in Elizabethtown normally stocks CZs, and I believe they even have a few for rent. They just don't have the P-02. Last time I was there to pick up my P-09, they had a P-01, a Compact and a PCR in stock. They also have the Sphinx SDP Compact and Sub-Compact in stock.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

(York County)

I have run across two P02's on Gunbroker the last few months. Just keep checking and one should eventually pop up. Uncheck the New when doing a search and that should make it less of a chore sorting thru all the CZ75's, as most, if not all P02 in the USA are used. If I see one, and I remember this thread, I'll give a heads up.