Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Hostetter Butcher - Deer Processing - Mohnton, PA - open till 8pm today

Yes, it’s that simple. You can walk in and pick up a price list and decide what you want.

They usually butterfly the back straps, but what is done with any other cut is up to you.

Your deer most likely will be frozen solid in the huge walk-in until they can start the processing. No credit cards, checks and cash okay on pickup.

Since the season is over in PA, should be a pretty quick turnaround. Follow their suggestions when ordering if you’re unsure.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Hostetter Butcher - Deer Processing - Mohnton, PA - open till 8pm today

Oh yeah, I don't need their services, yet.......

Just wondering if there was one closer to Sinky where I live? I just want to make sure when I finally get one that I can get it there in time and not have issues. So I would take it there, and they would go from there? That makes it a little less daunting for me.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

They close at 5 sharp on Saturday, so take a deer before 2:00pm. Sunday closed. The other nights they are there later, just call them. Just do it. Once you drop it off, it’s out of your hands until it’s all packaged up and you come to pick it up. That’s when you pay. Make sure you have some freezer space.

(Berks County)

So, back to this. Are there any others close by in Berks or Northern Lancaster?

I can just drop off if they are open and they take it from there, no special arrangements to let them know I am coming? What if I take one late on Saturday, then what? Then I have an issue I assume....

(Lancaster County)

I use Martins....

Address: 405 Reidenbach Rd, New Holland, PA 17557
    Phone: (717) 355-9601

They have a walk in cold locker if you need to drop off when they are closed. You just fill out the tag and leave it.

(Berks County)

That certainly sounds convenient. Problem however if you get the deer in our new CWD area that we both live in you can't transport to them as they are out of that area.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    That certainly sounds convenient. Problem however if you get the deer in our new CWD area that we both live in you can't transport to them as they are out of that area.
    New Holland is Northern Lancaster Co.......WMA 5B and according to the map falls within DMA 4

For point of reference, it is about 10 minutes E on 322 from the Ephrata exit on 222
    Last edited by heatheroo; July 19th, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

(Berks County)

Oh well that is great! Thanks! I looked on the map as well. So they are good? Nice? How does this after hours thing work? Link to a pricelist?

Any others in Berks that you know of as I may be closer to that area as well.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Oh well that is great! Thanks! I looked on the map as well. So they are good? Nice? How does this after hours thing work? Link to a pricelist?

Any others in Berks that you know of as I may be closer to that area as well.
    They shrink wrap the cuts as opposed to paper wrap, which I like. I haven't had to use the after hours self service yet, but I know it is available. There is a cold locker outside and tags provided. You just fill in your info, attach it to the deer and leave the carcass in the locker. Then you call back during working hours and work out how you want it butchered. They are a Mennonite outfit and do not have a web-site. Price wise: my last deer butchered plus bologna and deer sticks was approx $120.00. I don't know how that compares to other area butchers but it was comparable to what I used to pay in Bucks Co.

(Berks County)

That sounds decent to me. Thanks for the alternative idea. Makes me a little less weary about taking an "after hours deer."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast