Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Shooting on your own property in Solebury Township, what are the rules if any?

I have ~13 acres surrounded on 2 sides by 20 acres of open space, and I have an effective berm that is ~30ft high on 3 sides, which is more than 150 yards from the neighbor's house. Am I OK to target practice? I plan to limit the practice to weekdays while kids are at school to minimize noise impacts on neighbors, and even then to only practice a few mags on those days. Through the years, we've had plenty of hunters through the woods, shooting, sometimes situated up in the trees overlooking my house. So during hunting season, we hear gunfire, and I just shrug my shoulders. Would be nice to target practice here.

Couldn't find any specific local ordinances on private property, but I may not have access to the full scope of Solebury ordinances. Do people in Bucks generally target shoot at their own property, if large enough to make sense?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Shooting on your own property in Solebury Township, what are the rules if any?

Hey, i live in Solebury too. We would shoot all time no one ever gave us any trouble, we just played it smart and respectful(no shooting on Sunday, or after 5). We shot everything under the sun, AR's, handguns, shotguns, etc. I believe that if you have the appropriate berm you should be fine. Like I said, we shot damn near every day and no one bothered us at all. I hear people shooting all the time too.

P.S. feel free to send me an invite
    -To be a warrior means learning to be genuine 100% of the time

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Shooting on your own property in Solebury Township, what are the rules if any?

Thanks for the input. All it takes is one anti gun neighbor to call in a complaint, so I'm hoping there are no or few official legal restrictions here. I do want to minimize it, just out of courtesy though (somewhat hesitant to invite others to join in as it would up the noise impact, but maybe eventually). It's a nice township in every respect.

(Bucks County)

I shoot at my parents up in East Rockhill, there are no ordinances. Pretty sure unless it's in a borough or built up residential area, you should be fine.

(Bucks County)

You can always call and double-check with Chief Bellizzie...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Seems it's up to each township. Here where I'm at in Springfield, no problems. If you read some of the threads here in the Bucks forum though, you'll see issues have developed in a few areas recently that could adversely affect some of our crew.

You have the right idea about being low key; it also sounds like you have a fantastic set up (and Solebury is beautiful as well)! Invite your neighbors over to shoot, and ask them to call you directly if they have a problem rather than calling the police or Twp building. Good neighbors are awesome, bad ones are hell. Enjoy and best of luck!

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    Thanks for the input. All it takes is one anti gun neighbor to call in a complaint, so I'm hoping there are no or few official legal restrictions here. I do want to minimize it, just out of courtesy though (somewhat hesitant to invite others to join in as it would up the noise impact, but maybe eventually). It's a nice township in every respect.

(Bucks County)

I strongly believe you should keep it low key. If you bring additional people on to the property, the township may view it as your attempt to organize a gun range, without the proper approvals.

Be VERY CAREFUL about where your proerty is located in relation to storm water run off. Your township is very strong in following the Commonwealth's EPA agenda. You can find yourself on the wrong side of public opinion and the ever increasing government intrusion into freedom.

Before you knock on your neighbor's doors, learn who they are. Know their names, see what their presence in township meetings has meant (how do they vote or voice their opinion). Search their political contributions, which is searchable on-line.

Learn about the various Solebury Supervisors. There are also several appointed/ paid positions within the township. Who they are, where they live, etc. You will be ahead of the game if you determine who your friends are, as well as who your potential advesaries are.

Best wishes and I'll be smiling as I drive through and hear your efforts!