Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Cool The Handgunner in Topton

What can I say, it's like a heroin dealer for guns in there. Went to pickup something for EDC the other day, looked at the G43 but the Shield just fit perfect. And the price, I looked twice to be sure. Then I'm standing around waiting for PICS, asked Tom if they had any .22 rifles for my son and next thing I know I'm adding that to the paperwork.

Standing at the register waiting to ring out and noticed a couple used 1911's on the wall. Long story short, I'm picking THAT up on Friday. MAKE IT STOP!! NO, WAIT, DON'T MAKE IT STOP!!

I watched Tom assist a guy buying his first handgun , the guy had a ton of questions and Tom not only answered them all well he thanked the buyer after the sale for asking in the first place. Told him straight up it was good to have someone who cared. That impressed the heck out of me. Lots of shops will answer all your questions and those are the only kind I patronize, but how many shake your hand over it?

Those of you that know me know I don't do "people" well, kind of a smartass. Trust for me is slow to come. The Handgunner is a place you can trust. The only thing they need is a driveup to do the paperwork so I don't go in and see something else. Anybody own horses, got a set of blinders I can borrow? LMAO

ps- Tom , if you see this or I forget to say it again, thanks for the Savage. My sons birthday is gonna be great for him and me!!
    Last edited by snuffy19608; September 14th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

Default Re: The Handgunner in Topton

The Handgunner in Topton is a great shop. A+ good guys in there. As a plus, if you're into guitars, some of them are players as well. Dean is a semi-pro multi gun shooter if you've got any questions about the sport. Randy is on the board at Topton Fish & Game. Great crew over there.

(Lehigh County)

I bought my first handgun at Cabela's last year being 55 years removed from shooting them and not knowing much. Someone at the club mentioned the Handgunner shop and I checked it out. I've subsequently bought 6 semi automatics and my reloading stuff centered around a Dillon RL550B there. Randy, Tom and the other staff are friendly and helpful. He has a good variety of handguns, new and used, as well as long guns. Prices are considerably lower than the big stores - I paid $419 for a Springfield XDS in 40 S&W a month ago. His reloading supplies are also reasonably priced.

Randy has done 2 jobs for me. He put a Powder River Precision Match Competition trigger kit into a Springfield XD9 that made it a pleasure to shoot. I bought a new PPS M2 from the shop when Randy was at Shot Show this year. The 6 round mag had a problem with the slide locking back with one round left. Two round trips to Walther in Ft Smith produced one result of "no problems found" and one "haven't been able to test it because we don't have an M2 in the shop to test it with". Had it sent back and took it to Randy. He looked at it for 30 seconds, decided that the follower was sitting too high with shells in place, took 2 minutes to bend the lips down a bit, now shoots fine. That says one thing about Randy and another exact opposite thing about Walther Customer Service.

Needless to say I love this shop.

I stopped in here this week and picked up a new Glock. Cannot believe the prices.

I think I have found a new gun store.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Lehigh County)

The Handgunner is a great shop.

Always a new selection of new/used handguns and rifles.

Randy is a great guy, too. So are his employees.

(Berks County)

I was there bout a year for a FTF transfer and PICS was very slow. Found an old unfired 629 in the case so I grabbed it also.

I couldn't budge him on the price Cuz it was a very fair price so..........

I never had any issues dealing with him / them.