Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default So why wasn't I prosecuted after a Pics denial?

Deleted
    Last edited by 4thdimension; September 13th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.

Default Re: So why wasn't I prosecuted after a Pics denial?

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    During December of 2010 I attempted to purchase a shot gun and was denied. The only thing on my record was the juvenile adjudication which would have been an M1 if I was convicted as an adult. At the time I had no idea that I was a prohibited person because of that. Nothing ever showed up on back ground checks and the Army wasn't even able to obtain my juvenile record when I enlisted. This actually occurred while I was on leave. I never filed the challenge form because I didn't have time before I had to head back to Ft Benning. I later discovered that my juvenile adjudication prevents me from owning gun until I am 30. I keep hearing horror stories about people getting arrested for this kind of thing. I just read that sticky thread by gunslawyer. I knew someone who got in trouble after a pics denial back in 2008. I don't no why he was prohibited but he said he ended up doing years in prison. Maybe the PSP just let it go because it was a juvy adjudictaion that does not prohibit me for life. Or maybe because it only prohibits me under state guidelines and not federal? I never heard anything about it after that.
    In 2010, relatively few denials were prosecuted. Since 2013 or so, most denials are presumed to be prosecutable, and the PSP actively refers them to local PD's, or the PSP prosecutes them itself.

It looks like people who file challenges are more likely to be prosecuted now, and then not just for the false statements on the 4473 and Record of Sale, but also for the false statements on the Challenge form.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

There are a lot of questions I ask on public internet forums. Why I am not in jail for that thing I did is not one of those questions.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    There are a lot of questions I ask on public internet forums. Why I am not in jail for that thing I did is not one of those questions.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Well, I was just wondering. There was all thins hype about the issue. I know another guy who got denied and later found out that it was because of an M1 on his record. He never got in trouble either. I could be wrong but an M1 that is not an enumerated offense would only be a federal prohibitor. I don't know what the story is for the guy who got locked up for it. I searched his docket sheets on Unified Judicial and i couldn't find any other charges other than the one for lying on a Pics form. It was also back in 2008.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    Well, I was just wondering. There was all thins hype about the issue. I know another guy who got denied and later found out that it was because of an M1 on his record. He never got in trouble either. I could be wrong but an M1 that is not an enumerated offense would only be a federal prohibitor. I don't know what the story is for the guy who got locked up for it. I searched his docket sheets on Unified Judicial and i couldn't find any other charges other than the one for lying on a Pics form. It was also back in 2008.
    Pretty much all(If not all)M1s are prohibiting as the maximum sentence possible is 5 years (m2 max is 2yrs so not prohibiting). Also anti's have been known to read forums such as these to troll for "ammunition" to use against our cause so try to watch posting thread titles such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmark View Post
    Pretty much all(If not all)M1s are prohibiting as the maximum sentence possible is 5 years (m2 max is 2yrs so not prohibiting). Also anti's have been known to read forums such as these to troll for "ammunition" to use against our cause so try to watch posting thread titles such as this.

This^^^^^ maybe some trolling?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell