Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Question New to the area, need some advice on local FFLs and ranges

Hi folks,

Long time reader here, first time poster. I am new to the area (recently escaped 15rd cap from across the river and settled in Pittston, PA).
    Right now I am looking for any suggestions on:

1) what FFL to use for gun transfers - I just prefer buying guns online and transferring them to me through FFL. I checked a couple of places locally, but they are more focused on selling what they have in stock (and some of them even say that they won't transfer anything they can order themselves). In Jersey I was happy using small home-based FFL that charged reasonable transfer fees and imposed no such restrictions - and that's what I ideally want to find here as well.
    That said, if you can hint me to any small local FFL willing to do transfers from online stores for a reasonable fee, I'll more than appreciate it!

2) what range to use - I am a little lost here. I used to go to Easton Fish&Game when I lived in NJ, but now it is ~80 miles from me and that's a little too much to say the least.
    I was also looking at Ontelaunee Rod&Gun Club in New Tripoli, PA, but it's still ~60mi from me, though I love this club and try shooting USPSA there as often as I can.
    I also checked out State Game Lands range @ Patla Rd in Luzerne County - I liked it, but I'd prefer something less restricted (e.g. no 3 rd limit etc).
    Any other ideas? Any local clubs that I can try to become a member at? I am mostly looking at a good pistol range.

Thanks a lot!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: New to the area, need some advice on local FFLs and ranges

There is a State Game Range literally minutes from Pittston in Suscon, take Suscon Rd up the mountain which turns into Thornhurst Rd. Will be on the left just off the road but easy to miss going in that direction. You need a PA Hunting License or a $30 range permit to use it. Follow the rules which are posted to avoid a costly ticket. Most common violations are no license/permit, shooting shotguns on the pistol side, shooting a shotgun with shot (slugs only except on specially designated trap ranges) and too many rounds in the firearm (6 for pistols and 3 for long guns). Have fun and be safe. No real info on FFLs in that area but you could try Advanced Arms.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Warren County)

Default Re: New to the area, need some advice on local FFLs and ranges

American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE