Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Mexico, Interested in US Gun Control

Articles like that lead me to believe that the southern US Border should be at the north side of the Darien Gap...

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Was that a full auto 1911?
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    We should threaten to stop buying their 'drugs', which would surely grind their 'economy' to a halt.
    end "remittance"... that would dry fuck the Mexican economy in short order.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Was that a full auto 1911?
    john Dillinger, and pretty boy Floyd owned those as well...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyman_S._Lehman

this man was a genius.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

A real problem with Hispanics are they are revolutionary by culture. The more Hispanic illegals coming in, the more the potential for violence.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    A real problem with Hispanics are they are revolutionary by culture. The more Hispanic illegals coming in, the more the potential for violence.
    Educated Mexicans remind me a lot of middle class Americans in their values and attitudes. Even the ones with a high school education remind me more of the middle class whites I grew up with than the kids I know today. Some say "Mexi-CAN" as in "I can get it done".

I think Progressives are crazy if they think that a people who hustle hard to earn a good living, who will build a restaurant in their homes, who insult each other with homosexual slurs and who hate being treated differently, are going to cotten to their crap.

Southern Americans are a diverse bunch. You can meet God fearing Catholics or Evangelicals or Atheists. They have different forms of Spanish, different ways of doing things.

What annoys me to no end is how some folks set them apart from other Latin peoples - French, Portuguese, Italian or Spanish. The word "Hispanic" is insulting. Brazilians are not "Hispanic" but Spaniards are "Hispanic".

To me Latinos are like my Mom's people, French. How they look anyhow. What they believe is something you learn by meeting and getting to know them.

Guns? Depends upon them. Some Latinos love firearms. Others would like to make them disappear.

Real bad idea to judge hundreds of millions of people thinking the same. Ain't trying to start an argument, just saying what I've seen.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    '.

Pushes International Arms Treaty

Mexico has been one of the leading campaigners for the ATT. It wants to use the treaty to promote gun control in the U.S.

Mexico’s theory is that, since any gun in the U.S. might at some point conceivably cross the U.S. border, all U.S. guns have to be controlled in the name of controlling the international arms trade. That’s not going to happen at this meeting (or ever, if the U.S. retains its sanity).

But Mexico, the other nations that agree with it, and “progressive” groups that campaigned for the treaty—the blame-America-first activists, in other words—are in this game for the long haul. So it’s not a good sign that Mexico’s been given the job of hosting the first treaty meeting.

It’s even less good that Mexico’s spent much of the past year colluding with the activists to keep skeptics (like myself) out of the room. Their view was that only true believers who campaigned for the treaty should be allowed to see what’s going on.

You might wonder what they’re afraid of. We skeptics make no secret of our views, but we’re a well-mannered bunch: no spitballs. However, if we were always in the room, we’d report on exactly how closely the activists are working with Mexico and other likeminded nations.

The activists—led by the global Control Arms Coalition, which has a massive presence at Cancún—are the only insiders in the treaty process, and they want to keep it that way.

Mexico has a lot of violence.

Like big city mayors some politicians in Mexico are pointing fingers.

Mexicans and other Latin Nations have also asked the US to legalize drugs.

This treaty is crap. At best someone is going to write a law, or maybe some chump President is going to write an executive order.

I still think that Progressives are going to try to smother the gun culture with the "Death of a Thousand Cuts". A stupid law here and there, with various infringements.

Kind of like New York City - gun ownership will be so expensive that the poor will have to quit doing it.

We're going to have to be vigilant with these characters. Cause odds are that this treaty is just window dressing.

(Chester County)

I think I should've use the term "Latinos" instead of Hispanics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12