Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Moving to Pittsburgh looking at Plum or Monroeville

Just last week I took 20 minutes to go through the 2 mile backup to the Squirrel Tunnel and then through it. I cannot imagine having to do that every day. Plum does have a back way into the city if you do not need to go all the way downtown but I am sure that gets busy at 8AM and 5PM as well. I live in McCandless (Wexford) and I can be downtown in 20-30 minutes if I leave at 7:15-7:30. Trips in and out of the city on weekend etc are much easier.
    Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much, such men are dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by ewrski View Post
    Just last week I took 20 minutes to go through the 2 mile backup to the Squirrel Tunnel and then through it. I cannot imagine having to do that every day. Plum does have a back way into the city if you do not need to go all the way downtown but I am sure that gets busy at 8AM and 5PM as well. I live in McCandless (Wexford) and I can be downtown in 20-30 minutes if I leave at 7:15-7:30. Trips in and out of the city on weekend etc are much easier.
    Is that where the 2 lanes go to one?
    If so last month it took me 45 minutes and not a single road worker in sight.

(Allegheny County)

Used to live in the Verona/Oakmont area not far from Plum and did the commute downtown for years. It sucked. It sucked each way, every day. After a while I had to wonder why I was sitting in traffic for over an hour each way just to get to and from the eastern suburbs. Sold our house, moved to the North Hills and never looked back. FYI, North Allegheny is one of the best school districts in the state. Hampton is very good too.

(Washington County)

Lot's of love for the north here but not so much for the south! I guess the Liberty Tunnel is just as detrimental, and that damn 88/51 intersection.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Lot's of love for the north here but not so much for the south! I guess the Liberty Tunnel is just as detrimental, and that damn 88/51 intersection.
    Lots of love for the North in this thread. I would only remind you that if your going to the north, Winter is Coming! I personally would leave the north to the Boltons until the white walkers cross the Wall and take them out. I would settle somewhere around King's Landing, at least until Dany crosses the narrow Sea, then all hell is bound to break loose!

(Allegheny County)

King of the North!!!

(Allegheny County)

I recently moved to Scott Twp and I'm loving it. Very easy access to downtown, Robinson, and both 79 and 376.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    You said the "Tunnel" word.

The exception regarding the "near" South Hills is that if you live within an easy walk or drive of a "T" station and if you work downtown and if you have a backup plan when the T shits the bed, you can take public transit and it's arguably the easiest commute there is.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    You said the "Tunnel" word.

The exception regarding the "near" South Hills is that if you live within an easy walk or drive of a "T" station and if you work downtown and if you have a backup plan when the T shits the bed, you can take public transit and it's arguably the easiest commute there is.
    True that. Despite the so-called loss in population of the region, every year the commutes to/from everywhere are worse than ever. Like global warming, it's not real but the climate is more fucked up than ever.. My coworker leaves near Plum - hates the Parkinglot East commute but can't find work east of the city; if you live there and work there - all is well.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Westmoreland County)

I've lived in Murrysville for almost 30 years and have loved it. Great community, low taxes, great schools. It's 3 miles past the turnpike in Monroeville. The ride into the burgh in the morning can be a bitch but give yourself a few extra minutes. If I were doing it over, I wouldn't change thing.
    Captain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast