Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Loose German Shepard in Roxborugh park Shot

I saw this on a public page I am on, no connection to either party, but I can imagine how the CC'er story would go. I have 2 dogs and love them, but how someone could say not to worry about a german sheppard "coming over to say", which I am willing to bet meant running and barking, is beyond me. If the dog was on a leash or in a fence, they would be fine. I hope the CC'er doesn't get too jammed up. It actually sounds like PPD did the right thing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6895342&type=1

Our 11 month old puppy Porter was shot and killed in a public park yesterday morning at 6:15. My boyfriend takes him to same park every morning to play fetch. He threw the ball and our dog saw two people walking and went over to say hi. The guy took out his gun and shot him. He was arrested but released because he had a permit to carry. The detectives didn't care and we are stuck now without our baby and nobody has been prosecuted. Any one have any suggestions on what to do or how to possibly comprehend something so heartbreaking and senseless. We are so lost. We loved our baby so much.

*Edit: I think something that everyone is missing here, is that this man was deranged. After he shot and killed our dog, he was waving his gun around and threatening my boyfriend to "leave the f*ing park", it wasn't until an off duty police officer who must live near by came barreling through the park, assumed position on this "man" and made him drop his weapon. All of you that want to talk about leash laws may want to rethink it. This was a RESIDENTIAL park in a "safe" community. A place we took our dog off leash daily, where other dogs are also off leash daily, and where we felt 100% safe.

Default Re: Loose German Shepard in Roxborugh park Shot

I think we're missing a lot of facts here. Just randomly shot a dog playing fetch?

Arrested and released just because he had a carry permit/license? Did they determine he was justified (being attacked by dog maybe)? If he did it maliciously, I doubt they'd just let him go. Even without killing a dog, discharging a firearm in a public park could get him in big trouble if not justified.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Not buyin' the story. Someone shoots a dog in a public park, there's going to be a news story about it, somewhere. Nothing, nada-bada-bing.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Tioga County)

I live in Roxborough. I'll let you know if I hear anything about this.

At 6:15 a.m. it is still nearly pitch dark. If a large dog is running up to you, what would you do?
    MikeP

(Jefferson County)

There is a reason for the leash law.

Knowing how Philly's police are - if it even halfway resembled a bad shot the guy would be in jail. So something probably looked like a justified shooting under the Dog Law.

Some dog owners are in complete denial about their poor, sweet, puppy-wuppies.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

From what I tread, If it were my dog, I'd be in jail.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ursinuspip View Post
    I saw this on a public page I am on, no connection to either party, but I can imagine how the CC'er story would go. I have 2 dogs and love them, but how someone could say not to worry about a german sheppard "coming over to say", which I am willing to bet meant running and barking, is beyond me. If the dog was on a leash or in a fence, they would be fine. I hope the CC'er doesn't get too jammed up. It actually sounds like PPD did the right thing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6895342&type=1
    The replies on her FB page are hilarious, so many that know so little and haven't a clue, one even mentioned that the shooter was hanging around the park with his gun. Shooting a person or an animal is something that one should really think about "If there is time" but this lady takes ZERO responsibility for having her dog off the leash and thinks that the world knows about how sweet her dog was. The stupidity is flowing and the world is drowning in it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    I live in Roxborough. I'll let you know if I hear anything about this.

At 6:15 a.m. it is still nearly pitch dark. If a large dog is running up to you, what would you do?
    The incident is true. I don't know the particular facts, but I heard the radio call for a man with a gun and gunshots and then an Assist Officer. An off-duty heard the shots and went out to investigate. Everyone was taken to the detectives for interviews. Apparently the man shooting was allowed to leave after that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Not buyin' the story. Someone shoots a dog in a public park, there's going to be a news story about it, somewhere. Nothing, nada-bada-bing.
    The news media must have been diverted to the humans being shot just a little later. 7:20 AM 5300 Reinhard Street male shot once in the head and pronounced at the scene.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The news media must have been diverted to the humans being shot just a little later. 7:20 AM 5300 Reinhard Street male shot once in the head and pronounced at the scene.
    I didn't realize this happened in Philly, most of the time, humans getting shot don't make the news. Of course, the guy was probably released because he told the detectives that he was going into the academy this fall.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast