Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default What belt to use OC/CC?

We have a lot of talk about holster choices for OC/CC. How about belts? I would like one that did not scream Gun belt.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: What belt to use OC/CC?

I use a standard, run of the mill leather belt. One's 1-1/2", another's 1". My Fobus holster slips right over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I use a standard, run of the mill leather belt. One's 1-1/2", another's 1". My Fobus holster slips right over it.

What he said.
    Mines about 1.5".

I like the web look and I'm quite fond of my Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt...OD green, 1.5".

They also have one with a titanium buckle:

http://store.thewilderness.com/produ...oducts_id=1186

(Berks County)

I wear a 1 1/2" Dickies belt that I picked up at walmart for $20 or so. Works perfectly for me. Been thining about picking up a new one and getting some kydex, or similar material, and reinforcing the edges with it, but its not really necessary.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Washington County)

I wear a BlackHawk CQC Pistol belt. I've been wearing the 1.25" Carbon-Fiber reinforced version since last fall and I absolutely love it. I used to constantly have to adjust my belt or pants after sitting down, standing up or even bending over, but I literally haven't needed to adjust anything since I started wearing the CQC. I like that it's dressier than a webbed belt, less expensive than a leather belt, and it's super sturdy with no warping. My old leather belt eventually started to bend over on itself across the back and I haven't had any of those issues with the CQC. It's still as stiff as the day I received it.

Blackhawk has a few different finishes for the CQC (Carbon-Fiber, Lizard, Gator and even Plain) and they come in black or brown. If you're interested in ordering one, don't order it directly from BlackHawk, get it from LA Police Gear and save some cash. The Carbon-Fiber version retails at BlackHawk for $43.99, but it's $30.74 at LA Police Gear.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

Quote Originally Posted by colagrrl View Post
    I wear a BlackHawk CQC Pistol belt. I've been wearing the 1.25" Carbon-Fiber reinforced version since last fall and I absolutely love it. I used to constantly have to adjust my belt or pants after sitting down, standing up or even bending over, but I literally haven't needed to adjust anything since I started wearing the CQC. I like that it's dressier than a webbed belt, less expensive than a leather belt, and it's super sturdy with no warping. My old leather belt eventually started to bend over on itself across the back and I haven't had any of those issues with the CQC. It's still as stiff as the day I received it.

Blackhawk has a few different finishes for the CQC (Carbon-Fiber, Lizard, Gator and even Plain) and they come in black or brown. If you're interested in ordering one, don't order it directly from BlackHawk, get it from LA Police Gear and save some cash. The Carbon-Fiber version retails at BlackHawk for $43.99, but it's $30.74 at LA Police Gear.

I need to get a leather gun belt for the dressier occasions, but webbed is nice for cargo shorts/jeans.

(Montgomery County)

I like and use this belt.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/...hes_B109L.html

I think using a "gun belt" is a better choice than just a regular leather belt. The gun belts are thicker and stronger---so they hold the holster / gun better.

I buy a new one every 1 or 2 years--- after that time frame they tend to become less ridged.

Oh, i wanted to add that i cc using a fist iwb forward cant holster. I do not know how this belt works with an owb holster. i'd assume pretty well but i have no first hand experiance.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; July 29th, 2008 at 12:59 AM.

(Bucks County)

I wear a Ted Blocker 1 1/2" black leather belt. They're expensive, mine was $65 I think, but they're way better than the cheap belts you get from Wal-Mart.

I got it from www.holster-connection.com

(Chester County)

http://www.thebeltman.net/

Good options, excellent quality, a little pricey, but all custom hand-made just for you. Make sure you read and follow his measuring directions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast