Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Everytown for Gun Confiscation E-mail Blast More lies!

Just the latest and greatest e-mail blast from our favorite liars, Everytown for Gun Confiscation!
    Bloomberg money attacking us again!

Reminder about the facts.....

"The official, who is not authorized to comment publicly, said Vester Flanagan bought two Glock 9mm handguns from a federally licensed gun dealer in Virginia, and there was nothing in his criminal background to prohibit the transaction.

The same weapon used early Wednesday morning by Flanagan to kill reporter Alison Parker, 24, and photographer Adam Ward, 27, was used to kill himself, the official said."

Wednesday morning, Andy Parker's daughter Alison was gunned down on live television. That night, he took back the airwaves to deliver a passionate and powerful call to action:

"I’m not gonna let this issue drop. Next week it isn’t going to be a story anymore, and everybody’s going to forget it. But you mark my words… I’m gonna do something, whatever it takes, to get gun legislation, to shame people, to shame legislators into doing something about closing loopholes in background checks and making sure crazy people don’t get guns."

And today, I'm answering his call. As a father whose child was shot to death, I feel Andy's pain as if it were my own. When my son was killed, I committed myself to this mission, and now I'm standing with Andy as he joins the fight, too.

Andy, I promise we won't let anyone forget your daughter Alison or what a caring, wonderful young woman she was. I promise we're going to close loopholes and strengthen gun laws. I promise we're going to save lives.

Help me answer Andy's call to do "whatever it takes" by making a call to Congress right now and demanding they do something to fix our country's broken gun laws.

In the coming weeks, we're going to flood our elected officials' inboxes and voicemails, we're going to be on the ground at the Capitol, we're going to be on their televisions and computer screens and radio stations. We won't let them forget.

Andy's words are more than just those of a grieving father -- his plea represents the outrage of a majority of Americans fed up with accepting daily murder as the status quo.

Alison and fellow journalist Adam Ward are the latest victims of an extraordinarily violent summer -- from Charleston to Lafayette, to houses and street corners across the country. And it's on us to tell our elected officials that we won't take another season like this one.

We owe it to the 88 killed and hundreds more injured every day in this country to let our representatives know: If Congress won't change our gun laws, we'll change Congress.

Make a call now and be one of thousands of angry Americans demanding Congress finally take action to stop the senseless violence.

Not one more parent should feel this pain. Stay tuned for what's ahead.

Richard Martinez
    Santa Barbara, CA
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Everytown for Gun Confiscation E-mail Blast More lies!

Did he use a background check "loophole"? No.
    Did he use a "high-capacity" magazine? No.
    Was he identified as mentally ill and then sold a gun anyway? No.

Let's "do something"? The only "something" that would have stopped him would be to ban all gun sales to everyone. Unless it wouldn't have.

(Tioga County)

if this guy had not been able to use a gun he would have used a knife or maybe a car who knows......maybe we ought to outlaw them too

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Did he use a background check "loophole"? No.
    Did he use a "high-capacity" magazine? No.
    Was he identified as mentally ill and then sold a gun anyway? No.

Let's "do something"? The only "something" that would have stopped him would be to ban all gun sales to everyone. Unless it wouldn't have.
    Or an armed citizen..."a good guy or gal with a gun"...
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    Just the latest and greatest e-mail blast from our favorite liars, Everytown for Gun Confiscation!
    Bloomberg money attacking us again!

Reminder about the facts.....

"The official, who is not authorized to comment publicly, said Vester Flanagan bought two Glock 9mm handguns from a federally licensed gun dealer in Virginia, and there was nothing in his criminal background to prohibit the transaction.

The same weapon used early Wednesday morning by Flanagan to kill reporter Alison Parker, 24, and photographer Adam Ward, 27, was used to kill himself, the official said."

Wednesday morning, Andy Parker's daughter Alison was gunned down on live television. That night, he took back the airwaves to deliver a passionate and powerful call to action:

"I’m not gonna let this issue drop. Next week it isn’t going to be a story anymore, and everybody’s going to forget it. But you mark my words… I’m gonna do something, whatever it takes, to get gun legislation, to shame people, to shame legislators into doing something about closing loopholes in background checks and making sure crazy people don’t get guns."

And today, I'm answering his call. As a father whose child was shot to death, I feel Andy's pain as if it were my own. When my son was killed, I committed myself to this mission, and now I'm standing with Andy as he joins the fight, too.

Andy, I promise we won't let anyone forget your daughter Alison or what a caring, wonderful young woman she was. I promise we're going to close loopholes and strengthen gun laws. I promise we're going to save lives.

Help me answer Andy's call to do "whatever it takes" by making a call to Congress right now and demanding they do something to fix our country's broken gun laws.

In the coming weeks, we're going to flood our elected officials' inboxes and voicemails, we're going to be on the ground at the Capitol, we're going to be on their televisions and computer screens and radio stations. We won't let them forget.

Andy's words are more than just those of a grieving father -- his plea represents the outrage of a majority of Americans fed up with accepting daily murder as the status quo.

Alison and fellow journalist Adam Ward are the latest victims of an extraordinarily violent summer -- from Charleston to Lafayette, to houses and street corners across the country. And it's on us to tell our elected officials that we won't take another season like this one.

We owe it to the 88 killed and hundreds more injured every day in this country to let our representatives know: If Congress won't change our gun laws, we'll change Congress.

Make a call now and be one of thousands of angry Americans demanding Congress finally take action to stop the senseless violence.

Not one more parent should feel this pain. Stay tuned for what's ahead.

Richard Martinez
    Santa Barbara, CA

Bloomberg money doesn't buy what it used to. He is paying for babbling fools that can't even articulate an intelligent argument much less a viable solution. This is a frustrating time for the gun-phobics. They have a lap dog in the white house that could not get through even a relatively mild law through his own party's controlled Senate, and even with that, the democrats lost control of the same legislative body that gave Obummer the stinging defeat. The organizers behind the anti-gun movement resembles the who's who of idiots. Many years ago such enemies of firearm ownership were intelligent and were much more articulate in their deceit than they are today.

The antis try and try and blame the NRA, and every other gun owner for the ills of the moral breakdown of the world. Each hype season of exploiting tragedies, the more they fumble, and the more the public buys firearms. If the antis were witnesses for the prosecution in a criminal case, they would botch their testimony so badly with distortion, misinformation, and outright lies, the defense would not have to even put their client on the stand. The stooge like witnesses would be discredited enough to map out a not guilty verdict for the defense. This is exactly what the anti-gun zealots have done in the court of public opinion. Somebody should advise rogue organizations that are out to outlaw firearms of every ilk, not to insult the American Public by creating the illusion that criminals will be stopped by even more gun laws, and the police will protect the unarmed citizens. The antis have unwittingly become their own worst enemies and along the have made firearm ownership mainstream.
    Last edited by c45man; August 28th, 2015 at 04:45 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    Or an armed citizen..."a good guy or gal with a gun"...
    Well, that goes without saying! (at least here)

I get so sick of this arrogant assumption that the govt can solve all problems just by passing a law. That sick pup was going to kill someone, with or without a gun.

(Carbon County)

White House Concedes New Gun Laws Wouldn’t Have Stopped Shooting In Roanoke

The White House conceded Friday that new gun regulations probably wouldn’t have prevented the gunman who murdered two television journalists in southwestern Virginia this week.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said it appears that a proposal championed by President Obama to require background checks on purchases at gun shows “would not have applied in this particular case.”

Law enforcement officials said gunman Vester Flanagan used a Glock handgun in Wednesday’s shooting, one of two that he bought last month. He legally bought two Glock model 19 handguns from a Virginia dealer.

Mr. Earnest said the White House has never suggested that one piece of gun legislation would prevent all gun violence in the U.S. But Mr. Earnest said the proposal on background checks, which failed in the Senate in 2013, would prevent other shooting deaths around the country every day.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...QPu1Do.twitter
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Friggin outlaw anything called Vester.

(Westmoreland County)

Guess we need to remind Senator Pat "I need to get over on the gun lobby" Toomey that this is a piss poor time to promote "gun safety".

Casey is a hopeless ideologue but letting him hear a "no" is useful.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Guess we need to remind Senator Pat "I need to get over on the gun lobby" Toomey that this is a piss poor time to promote "gun safety".

Casey is a hopeless ideologue but letting him hear a "no" is useful.
    Toomey is a waste of time. Your time is better spent working on a replacement in the primary.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast