Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 7th Circuit Court: Illegal Immigrants Have Second Amendment Rights Too

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    PRECISELY why you do not want the government to close Guantanamo Bay and bring those filthy terrorists here! The liberals will almost instantly want to give them 'rights'.
    Exactly right that we do not want them here. Personally I would like to see the Navy convert and old ship into a prison ship that we could put the bastards in. We could sail them around until the ship got a serious leak.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: 7th Circuit Court: Illegal Immigrants Have Second Amendment Rights Too

I have a couple problems.

How did a person with only a round get charged with having a firearm?

And the judge could have handled the issue by simply pointing out that the right top bear arms is not a American Right, but a universal human right that all people posses. By referring back to universal rights it would have eliminated any issue.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Someone who has evaded our laws and come here illegally does have certain rights under the Constitution. They have the right to due process. They should held for breaking our immigration laws, judged on such and then deported if found guilty of breaking immigration laws. They have no other rights.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

The 7th circuit should be disbanded.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I have a couple problems.

How did a person with only a round get charged with having a firearm?

And the judge could have handled the issue by simply pointing out that the right top bear arms is not a American Right, but a universal human right that all people posses. By referring back to universal rights it would have eliminated any issue.
    Poor wording on the part of the news report:

As for the background to the case, Wood explained that “Mariano Meza-Rodriguez, a citizen of Mexico, was arrested in August 2013… [and found to be] carrying a .22 caliber cartridge.” Because he did not have “documentation” to show that he was in the United States lawfully, he was charged as being in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(5), which forbids illegal immigrants from possessing firearms in the United States.
    Although 18 USC 922(g)(5) forbids illegal aliens to possess firearms it ALSO forbids possession of AMMO!!

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person-

(5) who, being an alien-

(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; ...

to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
    IANAL

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Someone who has evaded our laws and come here illegally does have certain rights under the Constitution. They have the right to due process. They should held for breaking our immigration laws, judged on such and then deported if found guilty of breaking immigration laws. They have no other rights.
    absolutely......can't be said any better then this!!!

(Chester County)

Many courts are just out of control, too progressive, and legislate from the bench from intentionally misinterpreting the law. Basically LYING. Tar and feathers please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Many courts are just out of control, too progressive, and legislate from the bench from intentionally misinterpreting the law. Basically LYING. Tar and feathers please.
    Scoot over, you're blocking the television
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Juniata County)

I types this up in reply to the repost. Since a mod , who well remain nameless but sound like luncelimbo did his job & locked the thread I'll post it here.

The right to bear arms does not come from a persons citizenship. It is a basic human right, inherent to all people, in all places, at all times: as sacrosanct as their soul, inviolable from the interference of other men, the alien nature of a person had no effect on this inalienable human right.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12