Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    millerton, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default question about carry permit

    I am in the process of moving, building my home and establishing my residency in beautiful Tioga. I have already changed my drivers license. I still have a home in Ga and for several reasons I am moving a bit at a time, so I spend time both in Pa and Ga. I have a carry permit from Ga. I plan on visiting the Tioga sheriffs office on my next run to the "homestead" The question is on the Tioga sheriffs website it says that one must have 1 year residency as well as 2 references that live in Tioga county. I have neither my new drivers license is 6 months old and while I have met several great folks I do not know anyone locally to use them as a reference.......I thought that Pa had a uniform set of laws, I also noticed that Tioga does not issue non resident and is not listed as friendly????

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    wellsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    477128

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Welcome to the forum and welcome to Tioga county. I am also from Ga and moved here back in 1985. Our sheriff seems to do as he pleases and nobody calls him out on it. If you want to get together and do some shooting or whatever give me a yell. I travel for work so it might take some finangleing of schedules but we can make it work. Anyways welcome!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    millerton, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    thanks that would be nice and neighborly

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Elkland, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Power
    3531470

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Our present sheriff ran as pro 2nd. He is not. Wow, a politician that lied, that's novel.
    USNRET '61-'81

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    17643364

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    I forgot about the one year residency thing. Can you get a PA non-resident for the interim?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    millerton, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I forgot about the one year residency thing. Can you get a PA non-resident for the interim?
    since I already have my Pa drivers licence I believe I am legally a Pa resident, when I was checking into all that I was told that I could have homes in both places but where I had my licence would be considered my residence

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ..............., Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    5,334
    Rep Power
    12815850

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Quote Originally Posted by BigHenry View Post
    I am in the process of moving, building my home and establishing my residency in beautiful Tioga. I have already changed my drivers license. I still have a home in Ga and for several reasons I am moving a bit at a time, so I spend time both in Pa and Ga. I have a carry permit from Ga. I plan on visiting the Tioga sheriffs office on my next run to the "homestead" The question is on the Tioga sheriffs website it says that one must have 1 year residency as well as 2 references that live in Tioga county. I have neither my new drivers license is 6 months old and while I have met several great folks I do not know anyone locally to use them as a reference.......I thought that Pa had a uniform set of laws, I also noticed that Tioga does not issue non resident and is not listed as friendly????
    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I forgot about the one year residency thing. Can you get a PA non-resident for the interim?
    Guess I'm missing it but where is the 1 year residency requirement?

    http://www.tiogacountypa.us/Departme...sed_1_5_15.pdf

    Based on some interesting events from late last year, the 1-year requirement may have been dropped. Note that the above linked requirements shows "UPDATED" though provides no date of updating.

    see:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=271806
    Last edited by tl_3237; August 23rd, 2015 at 05:35 PM.
    IANAL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    millerton, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Guess I'm missing it but where is the 1 year residency requirement?

    http://www.tiogacountypa.us/Departme...sed_1_5_15.pdf

    Based on some interesting events from late last year, the 1-year requirement may have been dropped. Note that the above linked requirements shows "UPDATED" though provides no date of updating.

    see:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=271806
    I found it on the Tioga sheriff website ...I just looked and found the UPDATED one and it appears to have dropped the time requirement but still requires the two Tioga resident references...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,025
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Call your Real Estate agent. She/he/Caitlyn obviously trusted you enough to sell you a home, they ought to be able to step up and say so. Certainly, their spouse or secretary or coworker would also trust you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    4,076
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: question about carry permit

    Maybe someone from your local gun shop or range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carry permit question
    By Bluecollar86 in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
  2. 2 part q: (1) carry at work question, (2) universal carry permit?
    By bjwk89 in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
  3. CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT QUESTION
    By dsawi52695 in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
  4. Non-resident carry permit question
    By Starchief in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM
  5. Carry permit Question
    By Mike717 in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2009, 10:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops