Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philly LTCF taking over 45 days

So I'm now on day 50 waiting for my LTCF in Philly. I filed with Internal Affairs and they're giving me the run-around and I tried talking to lawyer but he wants $100 just to even talk to me.

My question is: what's everyone's opinion? Suck it up and wait and let Philly continue violating the 45 day limit or pay and talk to the lawyer and see if anything can be done.

This bothers me a lot since they agreed to the 45 day limit in their settlement recently.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Philly LTCF taking over 45 days

Quote Originally Posted by seamaster92fs View Post
    So I'm now on day 50 waiting for my LTCF in Philly. I filed with Internal Affairs and they're giving me the run-around and I tried talking to lawyer but he wants $100 just to even talk to me.

My question is: what's everyone's opinion? Suck it up and wait and let Philly continue violating the 45 day limit or pay and talk to the lawyer and see if anything can be done.

This bothers me a lot since they agreed to the 45 day limit in their settlement recently.
    Specifically what is the nature of the IA run-around?

Have you tried contacting the Class Counsel for the Plaintiffs in the suit that resulted in the settlement agreement (Joshua Prince)? Don't now what would be the $$$, if any, but he would be a good source for legal assistance because of his original involvement.

Your options:

1. wait a little longer (say another 2 weeks);
    2. complain to the Gun Permit Unit;
    3. engage a lawyer to make inquires and possibly write a letter;
    4. file an appeal with License & Inspection Review Board for a constructive denial based on the 45 day expiration without approval.

I would do #1 & #2 now. If their appears to be no progress go to #3 - failing that go to #4.
    IANAL

(Philadelphia County)

EXACT same experience - just didnt go the IA route. Talked to J.Princes intake para: $100/consult. So i can chalk up an extra $100.00 + for my 2A Right? No thank you. I applied for renewal early July. If you call the PPDGPU, the voice prompt tells you if its been over 45 days to go down with your DL . Upon a mannerly request they should issue it then (maybe not without a little snappy 'tude) you may want to bring the first page of the Notification with you - as I put it- "please, can you help me Im confused- its to my understand that..." (presenting the doc).
    I recommend this as Option #5. See the link to the Notification:
    https://www.phillypolice.com/assets/...ion-Notice.pdf

Good luck

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for responding guys! So the lawyer I had talked to that wanted money was Joshua Prince. After I finished with IA I decided to spend the money and speak with him. IA originally gave me the 45 working days line, even after pointing out that it's 45 calendar days. The Corporal I spoke with eventually told me to go in and check on the status in person and that he was closing the case.

tl_3237, I'll have to look into the License & Inspection Review Board; I didn't think about that

I meet with Joshua towards the end of September. I'll keep everyone posted on what he says.

PS: Still no sign of my approval in the mail >

(Chester County)

Obtaining a LTCF should be nothing more than a PICs check. Pay your $20, turn over whatever the state police form is to buy a handgun, and in 10 minutes you get a LTCF.

Now in a perfect society, we would have constitutional carry, but I won't hold my breath.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Obtaining a LTCF should be nothing more than a PICs check. Pay your $20, turn over whatever the state police form is to buy a handgun, and in 10 minutes you get a LTCF.

Now in a perfect society, we would have constitutional carry, but I won't hold my breath.

Amen, I had a permit in Phila for 22 years, when it was time to renew, I said a few prayers, tossed a few coins in a fountain and hoped for the best. It is what it is, a terrible system that has been in motion forever. Thank goodness when I moved to Bucks County, I walked in and out with my permit in 15 minutes, and it was funny, cause friends and neighbors asked me, what took so long LOL ..

Phila does what they want to do, bypass rules and regulations. It SUCKS for the honest law abiding citizens. Good luck in your quest.

Brian

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    Amen, I had a permit in Phila for 22 years, when it was time to renew, I said a few prayers, tossed a few coins in a fountain and hoped for the best. It is what it is, a terrible system that has been in motion forever. Thank goodness when I moved to Bucks County, I walked in and out with my permit in 15 minutes, and it was funny, cause friends and neighbors asked me, what took so long LOL ..

Phila does what they want to do, bypass rules and regulations. It SUCKS for the honest law abiding citizens. Good luck in your quest.

Brian
    Just wandering, if you had a LTCF for 22 years in Philadelphia, you had to renew at least 4 times. What issues did you have any of those 4 times besides a longer wait ?

(Chester County)

I just renewed mine. Applied at end of June waited 47 days, went in and was told it was "in the middle of the stack and its 45 business days" I mentioned the law says calendar days and suddenly the grumbling under her breath officer decided to go "rush my file and have them look at it now". H
    alf hr/45 mins later I walked out with my permit.

(Philadelphia County)

https://www.phillypolice.com/assets/...ion-Notice.pdf

I'm waiting on mine. I'm not at the 45 day mark but I did find this.