Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default FIRE INSTITUTE "ALUMNI SHOOT" THIS SUNDAY - August 23 - 10:00 a.m.

This coming Sunday, August 23, the FIRE Institute is hosting a shoot at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman's Club (505 Mosside Blvd., N. Versailles, PA) up on the training range. All those who have taken one or more of our courses, assisted with one or more of our courses, or are interested in learning about the FIRE Institute or our courses, are invited. (We call it an "alumni shoot," but it's not really just for alumni.)

We will assemble at 10:00 a.m. on the range. (Breakfast at 9:00 a.m. at Kings at the intersection of Rt. 30 and Rt. 48 for anyone who is interested).

We will have steel, the “Rotator” and some 42” poppers to play with. Bring a lunch and lots of soft-drinks and water. WE GO RAIN OR SHINE.

If you can’t make it at 10:00 a.m., show up when you can. We will wrap up about 4:00 p.m.

We will be shooting pistols, revolvers, auto-loaders and bolt guns at different times. Bring what you care to shoot. (You cannot shoot the steel with .556 ammo., but .30 cal. rifles are okay.) If you have a favorite drill, bring that, too.
    Last edited by PeteG; August 20th, 2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Left out location of event

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: FIRE INSTITUTE "ALUMNI SHOOT" THIS SUNDAY - August 23 - 10:00 a.m.

Sounds like a good time! I should be able to make it.

(Allegheny County)

If I went to the pafoa group shoot on Sat and then to this shoot on Sunday, would that be a bifecta?

(I think I'd be in the doghouse if I spent two days in a row at the range)

Oh, nevermind. I'm doing the volunteer thing with Animal Friends in North Park on Sunday. Have fun everyone!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cambria County)

I wish I could make it. I've had good experiences training with the best non-profit firearms training organization I've encountered.

(Allegheny County)

If it's "not just for alumni", you may wish to include more info. Like where it's being held.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If it's "not just for alumni", you may wish to include more info. Like where it's being held.
    Excellent point!

It's at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsman's Club, 505 Mosside Blvd., N. Versailles, PA. (Rt. 48 about one mile North of the intersection with Rt. 30).

(Allegheny County)

Pete,
    My wife and I are planning to come out. I have contacted several other friends and informed them of this event.

See you Sunday.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.