Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default MP5 pistol clone....DJ Getz vs Zenith MKE

Anyone have any experience with these? I've held out long enough but just can't stop myself from buying an MP5 clone, and its between DJ Getz (who has a very good reputation on HKPRO) and ordering one of the new Zenith MKE licensed builds.

I trust the people on this site more than HKPRO, too many fanboys, mall ninjas, and egos over there. For the most part anyways.

And yes before any suggests it I already bought an MPX

(Bucks County)

Default Re: MP5 pistol clone....DJ Getz vs Zenith MKE

I thought Dave Getz was semi retiring due to health issues. May want to confirm that. IF he is still making them then a pistol and then SBR would be the way to go. No 922 issues. Besides he is a great guy.

MKE is built on real HK tooling and make great firearms. I've been to their factory. But depending on the configuration you want they do have to do some silly crap to be able to import. Bars in the mag well so you can only use their 10 round mags and welds where there is no need for them which limits what you can do later. Confirm this too as I have not kept up with all for a while and things may have changed.
    Last edited by phillyd2; August 18th, 2015 at 09:46 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I heard the same thing about the MKE only taking 10 rounders, but I guess the new ones dont anymore? this one in particular it was I'm tempted to go for.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

(Bucks County)

Oh, that is good news. Do you plan of doing a SBR? Only reason I ask is that they are not really that fun to shoot as a pistol if you actually want to use the sights.But putting a stock on it makes it what I always thought was about the most perfect little toy.

(Montgomery County)

Oh I absolutely plan on SBRing it, it will be my first tax stamp ever but from what i have gathered it's not bad. i just don't know which to SBR first; the mpx or mp5?

(Tioga County)

The new MKE guns fixed all those old issues with the AT-94. They use regular MP5 mags.

I believe based on the HKPRO thread, DJ Getz is leaving the business for good. All his guns seem to have a good rep.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NJCzbt View Post
    Oh I absolutely plan on SBRing it, it will be my first tax stamp ever but from what i have gathered it's not bad. i just don't know which to SBR first; the mpx or mp5?
    Mp5 duh!

Just confirm all the old welds are gone and you can put a stock on it, to be sure. And let me know when you get it as I want to try it out as well