Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Just did the Glock 25 cent trigger job and....

It doesnt feel any different. I followed a YouTube tutorial by humans 4 targets step by step. Reinstalled everything and compared it to my other Glocks. At the end of the video when he tests it he's like oh yeah that's sweet. I honestly don't feel any difference whatsoever. At least I have some shiny parts on the inside of my gun where no one can see them!! Has anyone else done this and if so did you notice any improvements?
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Default Re: Just did the Glock 25 cent trigger job and....

I've done all 12 of my Glocks and there was a difference on every one, but only a couple didn't have a significant difference. The pull weights got closer to what Glock says they should be and the stacking is gone on all of them. If you only used a Q-tip and polish, it's not going to change much if your parts are rough, and you have to be sure you hit every spot where the parts rub together, including the FPS. FWIW, I used 1500 and 2000 wet dry with light oil to smooth my parts and didn't use the 1500 if I didn't need to. Also with that, 2000 wet dry is a super mild dust nibber after a repaint. You use it for very mild orange peel and very small dust particles, so with the oil, it will only remove the rough surface of your parts without removing the actual flat metal surface. You still need to be careful around the tab at the end of the trigger bar and the ramp on the connector. Once you get all that rough off, then polish with a cloth or Q-tip.

This video is good and shows where some people miss when doing a polish job.

BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Chester County)

I usually buy and install this and this. Then my trigger is perfect!
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I usually buy and install this and this. Then my trigger is perfect!
    I'm two skips of a rope away from trying that set up in my G17's. Going to do the spring only in my long slide Glocks.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.