Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Cc permit

(Monroe County)

Default Cc permit

Just moved from Lehigh county to Monroe county do I need to get a new cc permit and if so how can I give references from Monroe county when I don't know anyone in Monroe county,seems like a ploy to stop you from getting a cc permit in Monroe county.Any advice on how or options to get past the Monroe county reference would be appreciated.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Cc permit

Why do you have to give Monroe county references ?

When I got my LTCF in Allentown / Lehigh county in 2013.
    The Sheriff tried having everyone use only Lehigh county references by giving out printed instructions stating such.
    BUT by state law and by the official form it's self. There was no requirement of only providing in county references.
    So I didn't. I provided out of state references.

Also; I think the references requirement may have been removed since then.

Now as for having to get a new LTCF when changing your address.
    I'm not certain. I'll leave that for others to reply.
    --ET

(Chester County)

Your current LTCF is valid until its expiry or its revocation for cause - even though you changed address.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

My references were from Florida and Louisiana...

(Indiana County)

From Monroe County's official website:
    Concealed Weapons Permits

Basic Requirements for Concealed Weapons Permits
    21 years of age
    Full time Monroe County resident
    Pennsylvania resident for at least 60 days prior to application
    All paperwork must be submitted to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office IN PERSON.
    Crimes that would prohibit you from getting a Concealed Weapons Permit
    See the back side of the application for a list of prohibited offenses and any conviction for a misdemeanor 1 or any felony.
    Paperwork Necessary for Concealed Weapons Permit

• Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    • Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
    • Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information)
    • 2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements)
    • If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability.
    • Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military.
    • Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file.
    • Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.

There's so much wrong I don't even know where to begin.
    Concealed Weapons Permits <-- THAT'S NOT WHAT THE STATE CALLS THEM

* 21 years of age

* Full time Monroe County resident <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Pennsylvania resident for at least 60 days prior to application <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * All paperwork must be submitted to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office IN PERSON.

* Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    * Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information) <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * 2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements) <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability. <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military. <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file. * Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.

And their instruction sheet is even worse.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    From Monroe County's official website:

There's so much wrong I don't even know where to begin.
    Concealed Weapons Permits <-- THAT'S NOT WHAT THE STATE CALLS THEM

* 21 years of age

* Full time Monroe County resident <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Pennsylvania resident for at least 60 days prior to application <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * All paperwork must be submitted to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office IN PERSON.

* Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    * Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information) <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * 2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements) <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability. <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military. <-- NOT SUPPORTED BY STATUTE
    * Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file. * Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.

And their instruction sheet is even worse.

Ahh official oppression & 14th Amendment violations.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001