Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Placed an order for the Beretta 92FS Italian made today.

My local firearms shop is sold out of Berettas. So you have to order it and wait about a week to get one. The employee at the gun shop told me he could only get the 92 FS Made in Italy. Initially I wanted one Made in the U.S, but after reading around on forums, some people say the Italian made one is a little more rare and might have better resale value. He said it was $599.99 cash. It comes with two 15 round mags. I plan to use it at the Public Game Land range, home defense, and sometimes open carry it on foot. What's your opinion about the Made in Italy vs. Made in the U.S?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Placed an order for the Beretta 92FS Italian made today.

You can't go wrong with either one. As with anything else, there are those who favor one over the other, but it's more of a personal thing. Berettaforum.net is really the place to ask. The format is just like this one. Have you shot the 92 or M9 before? If not you're in for a pleasant surprise. The only upgrades I would make to a new production gun would be to replace the plastic guide rod with steel and change the standard hammer spring to a D spring to smooth out the first double action pull. There is debate regarding the current triggers too. Some say they are polymer, some say they are polymer coated metal. A magnet will answer this for you. Let me know.....all three of mine are older straight dust cover models.
    Last edited by bripro; August 12th, 2015 at 11:44 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    My local firearms shop is sold out of Berettas. So you have to order it and wait about a week to get one. The employee at the gun shop told me he could only get the 92 FS Made in Italy. Initially I wanted one Made in the U.S, but after reading around on forums, some people say the Italian made one is a little more rare and might have better resale value. He said it was $599.99 cash. It comes with two 15 round mags. I plan to use it at the Public Game Land range, home defense, and sometimes open carry it on foot. What's your opinion about the Made in Italy vs. Made in the U.S?
    I've shot Italian made and us made. Couldn't perceive any difference whatsoever.

You are aware that the front sight is not removable right? You need to get an A1 if you like to change sights. The only option for the integrated sight is to send out the slide to have the sight machined for a tritium insert.

(Juniata County)

Are you required to use this firearm? Because if you're not.......
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

You just put money down on a gun that people seem to love or hate. Very few in between.

(Wayne County)

ok, so I picked it up Saturday and shot through about 70 rounds. The ammo I used was the 9mm 115 grain FMJ. At first I couldn't get use to the first double action, but slowly got use to it. My first shot in double action always seems to be off..inacurrate. The shots after are more on target. The double action first shot could be a safety thing though...like it's harder to pull the trigger by accident in your first shot. When i line up the sights on the bullseye, it seems to shoot lower, so when i aimed higher it hit the center more. The gun even in 9mm had more recoil than I thought. Overall I like the gun, love the all metal feel and looks. I just need to get more accurate with it cause to be honest my accuracy is terrible with it right now.
    Last edited by Will3212; August 16th, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Accuracy will come. Did you notice if they are shipping with plastic or metal guide rods now? How many mags came with it? 15 or 17 rounders? The first shot in a da/sa pistol is always a conversation starter. They generally suck. The D spring I mentioned would help but its still a double action pull. I hope you grow to love it as much as I do mine. Im in the minority but if I had to get rid of my 92s or Sig 226 and 228 Id keep the Berettas.

Last edited by bripro; August 16th, 2015 at 09:42 PM.

If you need to pick up some extra mags i recommend Mec-Gar. They are high quality, hold up to 18 or 19 rounds, and are cheaper than Beretta stamped mags. I think they might even be the ones that Beretta sells as their brand. I have had a few M9s and 92s and have had good luck with them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    ok, so I picked it up Saturday and shot through about 70 rounds. The ammo I used was the 9mm 115 grain FMJ. At first I couldn't get use to the first double action, but slowly got use to it. My first shot in double action always seems to be off..inacurrate. The shots after are more on target. The double action first shot could be a safety thing though...like it's harder to pull the trigger by accident in your first shot. When i line up the sights on the bullseye, it seems to shoot lower, so when i aimed higher it hit the center more. The gun even in 9mm had more recoil than I thought. Overall I like the gun, love the all metal feel and looks. I just need to get more accurate with it cause to be honest my accuracy is terrible with it right now.
    That’s just how Traditional Double Actions are… that long first pull is always a bear. Once you get use to it however, it won’t feel so bad. I would practice dry-firing for a bit till you feel more comfortable. It's a hell of a gun and one that should be in every collection IMO.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    If you need to pick up some extra mags i recommend Mec-Gar. They are high quality, hold up to 18 or 19 rounds, and are cheaper than Beretta stamped mags. I think they might even be the ones that Beretta sells as their brand. I have had a few M9s and 92s and have had good luck with them.

I've never had a problem with Beretta brand mags. ...although they are expensive.

I do have (3) of the Mec-Gar 20rd mags that I got when they were on sale at MidwayUSA for $20 each - great mags! They really aren't all that much longer than the 15rd Beretta mags. ...just basically Mec-Gar's 18rd mag with a +2 bump pad. Their 18rd mags are pretty much the same length as the "standard" 15rd round mag.

RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast