Capacity:7 Rounds
    Safety:Integral Locking System
    Grips:Polymer
    Sights:Fixed
    Weight:27 Ounces
    Fired Casing:Fired Case
    Finish:Nickel, blue or dual tone

I appreciate any information that you can provide
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Bersa Ultra Compact 45 ACP

Bersa make a very good gun for the price. It is an Ultra Compact so range will be limited to no more than like 36 feet. But Bersa's are reliable I would have no problem buying it as long as the price was right, I mean not an over inflated price. If you buy it please post some pics for us to oogle.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Washington County)

I don't own a UC 45, but I do own a matte blue UC 9. I bought it on a whim in April of 07 after trying to find a Bersa Concealed Carry .380 and not having any luck. I'd bought a Thunder .380 in January and was happy with it, so I figured the 9mm would be the next step in caliber anway.

My UC 9 has performed flawlessly since the day I got it. I haven't had a single failure or issue with it, even when it hasn't been cleaned in a while. In addition to my Thunder .380, I also have the Bersa Concealed Carry .380 and depending on the shooter, those tend to be subject to limpwristing issues. So far, after many different people taking my UC 9 for a spin, that hasn't been the case.

My UC 9 is definitely not a light gun, considering it's an aluminium alloy frame with a steel slide and internals, but that helps with recoil and makes it very (and I mean very) smooth to shoot. It has a really heavy DA trigger pull with a short crisp trigger reset for SA follow-up shots. The sights on my UC are the fixed U-type (Glock style), which I like on this particular gun and I'm able to place the shots exactly where I want them to go if I'm doing my job correctly.

All that said, while I really do like the gun, it's just too big for me. It was the second gun I'd ever bought and I didn't know then what I know now about proper grip and trigger pull. It's a little too wide in the grip and I'm not able to get my hand high enough on the gun to get a good trigger pull. Oh I still shoot it, but it doesn't see near as much play time as my S&W M&P 9c does. The only other negative thing I have to say about the UC guns, is that the magazines are fairly expensive at $40 a pop. The price actually dropped $10 this past spring, but that's still expensive, particularly if you're like me and think that the more mags you have the more fun you have at the range without having to keep reloading I know the newer model Thunder .380's are shipping with 2 magazines, versus the 1 they used to come with, but I don't know if the UC's were included in the update or not.

I see you're from Butler. I know it's not the exact gun you're looking for, but if you should happen to make it out to PMSC for a group shoot, I'd be more than happy to let you run some rounds through my UC 9. I don't think the UC's are all that popular, and many people have only seen them on the gun shop shelves, so that offer stands to anyone that wants to shoot it at a group shoot. All you have to do is ask
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

(Butler County)

ColaG,

Thank you for a very informative reply and your very kind offer.

Regards
    I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

(Bucks County)

I own a Firestorm .380. My understanding is that it is a Bersa in all but name. It has been completely reliable and a good shooter. Accuracy is more than acceptable. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another in any caliber, especially at the price point I purchased mine at.

(Bedford County)

I have seen and shot quite a few of the Bersa Thunder handguns over the last few years. I have repaired a grand total of zero in my shop. The local Bersa's either run...or are sent back for repair. I would guess they are still running.

My only range time was with the smaller caliber Bersa's .... but I would buy one for carry if money was a factor. They seem to be decent guns.

I own a bersa thunder 380 and a 45 ultra compact. both guns are very nice but i love the 45. it is a great gun all around.

I had a BT.45UC last year and loved it!
    Flawless operation after several hundred rounds, and carried it for awhile.
    The finish (black) is not all that great, but the fit and function is top shelf.
    I'm not much for silver weapons, but I would suggest getting the better finish.
    Great fun to shoot!
    MW
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.