Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default good LTCF renewal experience

My LTCF was coming due in a few weeks. Got the renewal notice from the sheriff's office (in York), with plenty of time before the old one expired, maybe two months. Waited about a month, then dropped the form and check at the post office the Friday before Memorial Day. First business day after the holiday weekend, they call me to say it's ready for pickup. Pickup took about 10 minutes, counting the photo, shooting the breeze with the guy at the sheriff's office and waiting for the one person ahead of me in line.

Very smooth process overall, kudos to them for being efficient and making it easy.

(York County)

Default Re: good LTCF renewal experience

Good to hear, mine will be up for its first renewal later this year (York)

(Bucks County)

The way it should be !! Here in Bucks County, At Doylestown Court House, takes about 5 mins. When I lived in Phila, well that's another story.

(York County)

York has always had good service. Disarming at the lockers and signing in takes longer than anything else (and even then the deputies are pleasant and professional). Makes me thankful I don’t live in one of those fancy first class cities!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Just did mine last week. Allegheny County is now a same day process. Walked in with my paperwork already filled out, waited in line for about 5 minutes, the girl took my paperwork then my picture and asked me to wait outside. another 5 minutes she handed me my renewed license and told me to have a nice day. Including parking in town, took me all of 25 minutes.

(Bucks County)

After seeing the parking deck @ the Bucksco Justice center doing Jury duty; I felt a first thing renewal [after parking truck and boat on the top level] could turn a chore into a chance to spend a few hours fishing.

The new office is a lot nicer than the old one. At 8:05 i was the 2nd application, take a seat...

A few minutes later in comes a corporal with a bunch of clean cut college looking young people...Summer Interns!

He brings a young lady over to the person processing the applications saying I want her to learn Gun Permits starting with the next application...

The two ladies call in App #1 for his picture...

Then class started with mine. After two attempts the intern took my photo and I was out the door by 8:40.

In the water at Hancock ramp by 09:30....Turned into a real test of my sunscreen and the fish were smart enough not to bite...