Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Thumbs up Springfield XD-S for CCW...!

I've been carrying this weapon now since I purchased it for CCW carry and I fine this weapon to be very accurate and comfortable as do most Springfields I own....does anyone out feel the same...?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Springfield XD-S for CCW...!

For high concealment, I have to forgo my HK's in favor of something smaller (even my HK P2000SK). My "backup" to them is a Springfield XDs in .45ACP. Yeah, it's a bit of a bear to shoot at the range, but I still keep 4" groups at 15'!

The trigger is a bit more than I like to pull, but for a CCW weapon, that's not entirely bad. It breaks predictably, and with the +1 or +2 mag extensions, I get my whole hand on it. (with the 5-round /.45ACP, no pinkie on the grip)

Now if HK ever made a single-stack 9mm or .45, I'd probably switch!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Allegheny County)

A good friend of mine traded his S&W Shield for an XDs9. (He's left handed, and the XDs9 fit his needs better).
    I have had the chance to run some rounds through it on several occasions, it is a very nice shooter.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

I carry an XDS as a backup. Mine is 9mm and has run 100%. Due to the capacity though, I'm not comfortable running it as a primary sidearm unless in a non-permissive environment/deep concealment role.

I've had an XDS for over a year and it has been a nice pistol. The capacity hasn't concerned me as I often carry a P938.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ220 View Post
    I carry an XDS as a backup. Mine is 9mm and has run 100%. Due to the capacity though, I'm not comfortable running it as a primary sidearm unless in a non-permissive environment/deep concealment role.
    I agree on capacity, but that's unfortunately the trade-off. That's actually part of the reason I like the .45, even though it is 2 rounds less than the 9mm... but the actual gun itself is identical in size between 9mm/.45 models, with the latter slightly lighter, actually!

It's a hard call between those two. 5+1 rounds of .45ACP or 7+1 rounds of 9mm.... either way it's not the same as carrying a full-size 9mm with 15+1 or similar. I kind of figure that, well, if I'm stuck with low capacity, I'm gonna hit 'em with something big.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Luzerne County)

Hey Ghost.. I purchased the xds 3.3 9mm at the beginning of 2015, and have been cc it all year.. I've put about 300-400 rounds thru it flawlessly.. I am new here and only have personal experience with a few S&W wheel guns. And recently been buying polymers, such as the SA xds... And Taurus PT140, Kel Tec PMR 30, and a few others.. Most of my trigger time has been with the SA.. The fit and finish is well above it's price point.. I'm a south paw, and it really works for me!! It fits in my pocket with a pair of cargo shorts, and I like not having a manual safety..

(Lehigh County)

Another satisfied XDs 45 owner here.
    Mine has been 100% reliable and has digested everything I have fed it including SWC hard cast handloads. Never a FTF or FTE.

The trigger was not exactly to my liking, being a 1911 guy at heart, so I installed the Powder River spring and sear kit. I don't have a trigger scale, however it is much smoother and proabably about 1.5 to 2# lighter than stock.

As far as the lower capacity goes, I typically carry with the compact mag (5+1) and have a 7 rounder carried as a backup. I hardly notice the single stack mag in my pocket due to the relative slimness.

(Bucks County)

I got my XDS .45 as soon as they came out. Recently I did sell it, but it wasn't because I didn't like it. Just moved to something different.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)