Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Questions for women who carry.

This question is for women who carry (or anyone that identifies as a women jk but had to by how weird things are anymore).

So seriously what do you ladies carry and how do you carry concealed? My wife is ready to get a pistol and carry finally and I am about to get her an air weight j frame smith and wesson in .38. Like the model 642 or 638 or bodyguard .38. All pistols I would outfit with a laser so she can shoot in more unconventional positions of need be. Am am also thinking revolver as it is less cumbersome if the nerves get the best of her when the unlikely situation she would have to use it like racking or a safe switch. She does not have military, carry experience or military expieirnce like me so I want to keep it simple.

Does this alone with other women?

Also what ccw purses do you use. I would like to get her one with the gun so she carries more.

Thanks for the help and Bad guys watch out she is 5'2" 120 lbs and a dead eye shot that outshoot many of my friends.
    If any guys that have helped momen get setup have input please leave that to.

Only a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with one so it is up to us as a community.

Default Re: Questions for women who carry.

One thing I'd suggest is that she carry on her person, not in a "CCW purse".

Question: Does she shoot the air weight? Does she shoot it well? Does she love that revolver with the nasty kick? I am not a revolver gal myself.

I started out doing some purse carry, but I don't recommend it. It is a huge responsibility and a constant source of stress. The gun is tough to access and easy to steal from you (as in steal the purse).

I have a summer carry; the Sig 938 and I have about 9 holsters for it to go with all my varying lighter weight outfits. The belly band is my newest favorite. Six rounds plus 2 mags for a total of 18 rounds in my belly band. OK!

My winter/fall/spring carry is the Walther PPQ M2. I love that gun. I have wonderful OWB and IWB holsters for it, depending on my mood and activities for the day. Fifteen rounds (plus 2 more mags?)= 45 fantastic pieces of protection.

I am a crack shot with both guns at long distances. This gives me confidence that I can protect myself should the need arise. I also take training at every opportunity I can as well as practicing weekly at the range. This has given me the muscle memory I need so that I can perform well under stress.

I don't recommend carrying less than a 9 mm. My 380 did not knock down metal plates. What is that going to do against a large critter wearing winter garments? My 45 was too heavy and pulled down the britches....and only held 7 rounds.

Hope this helps....

My wife carries a Lady S&W in .357 mag. This is a J frame changed to better fit a women's hand. She uses a CC purse. When she has the gun in her purse the purse never leaves her hands or shoulder.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

my wife carries a Rossi 38 in an AlienGear IWB 2.0 holster. She tried the airweight but the grip was way too small feeling for her. The Rossi feels much more solid in her hand because all her fingers are on the grip and not curled under the lower section... See grip comparison below

R352025.jpg

sw642.jpg

Montani Semper Liberi

(Luzerne County)

My wife carries a S&W 642 in a Bianchi holster. Once in a blue moon, she may carry in her purse, but it's not a dedicated "CCW" purse.

(Berks County)

.38 LCR was too snappy for my wife. She carries a Beretta Tomcat .32 IWB or purse her purse is secure one with wire in the straps . She recently tried and likes the S&W Bodyguard .380 . Before anyone gets on the 9mm or larger kick , she shoots the .32 and .380 well and consistently carries it . The gun you have is better than the one in the nightstand FWIW the one in her nightstand is a S&W M/P .40
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Susquehanna County)

My wife carries her S&W 642 airweight in a king tuk holster. She also likes my LCP better, and has been taking that in its own king tuk...
    Stay armed my friends.

(York County)

My wife loves her Taurus 85 ultralite in .38. The recoil doesn't bother her a bit, and she shoots it well (I can't stand the new cushball type grips). She's got a nice little bianchi holster for it that works well.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast